X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infantry Officers and Ranger Training

As an Officer Candidate in the National Guard interested in becoming an Infantry officer, I had a quick question in regards to the infamous Ranger school.

As a national guard officer, if I am correct, I would attend Ranger School but would not be attending RASP, as I would not be working towards serving in the 75th Ranger Regiment. Am I correct in my assumption? or are National Guard Infantry officers expected to complete both (or one or the other) courses?

Thanks!

Re: Infantry Officers and Ranger Training

Ranger School is not required or guaranteed for National Guard soldiers, to include Infantry Officers.
    RASP is strictly for Active Army 75th Ranger Regiment. So, yes your assumption is correct.

Comment

Great, thanks for the response, SF Hunter. I know there is no guarantees of any schools for National Guard members, but I was just making sure I was clear in regards to which school I would attend, if given the opportunity! Thanks!

Which Special Forces unit are you a part of in the National Guard, SF Hunter?

Comment

anxi12- Just as an FYI, famous =/= infamous. Infamous means famous for negative reasons. Rangers are famous, Na-zi's are infamous. Ranger school is famous, not infamous.

Ex-English teacher disease. Apologies..

Comment

Originally posted by notyetdead View Post
          anxi12- Just as an FYI, famous =/= infamous. Infamous means famous for negative reasons. Rangers are famous, Na-zi's are infamous. Ranger school is famous, not infamous.

Ex-English teacher disease. Apologies..
          In the context of his post, infamous could be the correct use because of the high attrition rate.

Comment

Working...
          X