X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active duty officers

As an officer how long does it take to get active duty in the national guard???

Re: Active duty officers

Originally posted by terran4999 View Post
    As an officer how long does it take to get active duty in the national guard???
    ...As long as it takes you to get one. There is no guarantee you will ever get one. You have to look at the vacanies for AGR/ADOS/technicians and apply. I've been trying since I was commissioned in 2008 and still haven't gotten one. There just isn't alot of jobs that come up and there are alot of people applying. Happy hunting!

Comment

may i ask what is your branch in the national guard ??

Comment

Originally posted by terran4999 View Post
        may i ask what is your branch in the national guard ??
        I believe he is QM but I may be wrong. If you wanted an AGR slot, that's probably one of the best bets you can make branch-wise. I believe most AGR positions focus on sustainment. Either that or they are branch immaterial.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
          I believe he is QM but I may be wrong. If you wanted an AGR slot, that's probably one of the best bets you can make branch-wise. I believe most AGR positions focus on sustainment. Either that or they are branch immaterial.
          Polo is right, I'm currently QM, switching to LOG if we ever get a bill passed. As for what branch is easier to get AGR... It depends on your state most of the time. NJ is heavy in Logistics, so there are a lot of full time positions for Logistics branches. However, you have to keep in mind there are no where near as many positions for officers and there are for NCOs/enlisted. Now couple that with the fact that when an officer position comes open, its usually open from O1-O4, and everyone in that range applies. So it becomes political and who knows who. You have to get your name out there and network. I'm getting closer and closer, but it takes a while. As the case with all jobs, you have to keep trying to get lucky.

Comment

Terran,

Like LT. Orsini said, AGR and Technician slots are more limited for officers depending on your state. Take a look at federal ADOS tours on the Army's tour of duty site and I believe HRC lists AGR vacancy slots available. My state never has any ADOS/ADSW tours available. There are a lot more federal Officer vacancies for ADOS.

http://www.neguard.com/hro/otherjobs-linkspage.asp Lists HRO vacany annoucements by state. Check the announcements, sometimes it will list open to state or nationwide.

There are a lot of opportunities to do active duty in the National Guard as long as you don't mind moving around.

Good luck!
            Last edited by MichaelPC; April 9th, 2011, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X