Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask me about additional training oppurtunites for Chaplains.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask me about additional training oppurtunites for Chaplains.

Ask me about additional training oppurtunities for Chaplains!

And how being a Chaplain in the National Guard can benifit your civilian ministry!

Re: Ask me about additional training oppurtunites for Chaplains.

I am a National Guard chaplain 1LT. Is there an opportunity for me to get CPE and receive orders to do so?

Comment

Some times if your state needs a slot such as marriage and family thearpist (I don' think AD is sending chaplains for MFT cert now), you can get orders to go back to school. But as far as getting orders for CPE, no I don't think so. But I do think that the VA gives preference to Guard chaplains to do CPE, and it usually involves a stipend. Which combined with Mday pay ain't bad.

There is also a website that just has positions for temporary orders somewhere here on the internet.

There is the Combat Medical Ministry Course also, but is only two weeks in length. I know the Reserve has a zillion little schools to attend.

You wouldn't be from the mighty state of OK would you Toby?

Comment

There are also a limited number of positions at VA's that the National Guard utilizes if you look on the Army Chaplain's webiste, you should find the application to do CPE channeled through the Guard and VA. As far as being on orders to do it, no I don't think that exists.

Comment

Working...
        X