Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 28 week+ workout program

Diet:
    Nothing white. All whole grains or wheat. Including 0 Potato (no potatos that aren't "white") And no, I'm not being "******" I'm speaking about food. (Putting that out there in case someone is "sensitive" of someone on the internet saying "No whites" "Nothing white" etc. clarifying I am talking about food.

4/5ths of your plate needs to be fruit and veggies. with a whole grain roll, slice of bread, etc. and a poker deck sized piece of meat or poultry or fish.

Only eat what you can fit on a plate. If you can't fit it on that ONE plate, don't eat it.

Take a Multivitamin everyday.

Workout:

Week one:
    Day 1: Warm up, 10 push-ups, 10 sit-ups, 10 sungoddesses, 10 lunges, 10 flutters, 10 scissors, 2 minute jog, 1 minute shuffle, 1 minute bend and reach (slowly bending over, touching toes, coming back up completely vertical, repeat for a full minute)

Bench Press: 10/10/10/10 (4 sets of 10 reps, pick a weight you can do 10 times, add 2.5lbs to each side, do another 10 reps, etc)

Shoulder shrugs: 10/10/10/10

sit-ups: total=50
    push-ups: total=100 (do as many sets as needed, it's the END number that matters)

run 2 minutes, walk 3 minutes: 3 sets

Cool down: walk 5 minutes, relaxed pace
    Stretch all muscle groups

Day 2:

Warm-up, see above

Squats: 10/10/10/10
    Deadlifts: 10/10/10/10
    Powerclean 10/10/10/10
    Leg raises: 2 minutes
    bicycles: 2 minutes
    Flutters 2 minutes
    scissors 2 minutes
    Walk 20 minutes
    Cool down: see above

Day 3, repeat day 1

Day 4, repeat day 2

day 5, repeat day 1

Day 6, rest and relax

day 7, Rest

Week 2:
    Repeat last week, only add 30 seconds to all times, and for push-ups and sit-ups, add 50 reps to the total number to accomplish.

Repeat the pattern until week 6,

Week 6
    Day 1
    Warm up, same as always.
    Bench Press: 15/15/15/15
    Shoulder Shrugs: 15/15/15/15
    Push-ups: 400 total, 8 sets of 25, 45 second rest in-between sets
    Sit-ups: 400 total, 8 sets of 25, 45 second rest between sets
    Run 10 minutes, walk 5, run 10 minutes, walk 5. During the 10 minute area, try to pace yourself at a rate you can fully sustain for those 10 minutes

Day 2:
    Squats: 15/15/15/15
    Deadlifts: 15/15/15/15
    Powerclean: 15/15/15/15
    Walk 20 minutes

Stretch

Repeat pattern as week 1.

For days 3-7, repeat same pattern as week 1.

Week 10
    Day 1
    Same standard warmup
    Push-ups: 500. 10 sets of 50
    Sit-ups: 500. 10 sets of 50
    Run: 25 minutes, walk 10 run 15 minutes walk 10 minutes
    Stretch

Day 2: Walk, ride bike, or swim for 45 minutes

Day 3, repeat day 1

Day 4, repeat day 2

day 5, Burn out.

Push-ups, 15 sets of 1 minutes (as many as you can do in a minute. two minute rest between sets)

Sit-ups, 15 sets of 1 minute (as many as you can do in a minute, two minute rest between sets)

15 minute run. Run as fast, and as hard as you can for 15 minutes, try to cover as much distance at a pace as fast as you can SAFELY sustain.

Walk 10 minutes

Stretch

Repeat until week 16

Week 16
    Day one
    Warm up
    Push-ups: 20 minutes, 10 sets of 2 minutes. Do as many push-ups as you can in 2 minutes. 45 seconds rest between sets
    Sit-ups: 20 minutes, 10 sets of 2 minutes, do as many push-ups as you can in 2 minutes. 45 second rest between sets
    20 minute run, Run as far as you can in 20 minutes

day two:

Walk, swim, ride a bike: 60 minutes

Day 3, repeat 1
    Day 4, repeat 2

Day 5.

2 minutes push-ups do as many push-ups as you can in 2 minutes
    2 minutes sit-ups do as many sit-ups as you can in 2 minutes
    3 mile run: Find a marker for 3 miles, and try and cover thsoe three miles as fast as you can.
    After you finish the three miles, find something you can use as a pull-up bar, try to pull yourself up as many times as you can, or even find a high wall, and climb over the wall as many times as you can, same muscle usage
    After you're all done, 10 minutes of push-ups, 10 minutes of sit-ups, 10 minute walk Stretch

Repeat until week 20

Week 20:
    Standard warm-up

Day 1
    Push-ups, 3 minutes straight, 5 sets of 5 minutes. (as many as you can do)
    Sit-ups, 3 sets of 5 minutes
    Run: 4 miles, as fast as you can SAFELY complete
    Pull-ups: As many as you can possibly do without stopping, do that 5 times. If you need a partner to help you, get a partner to help, or use a bench etc. even climbing a wall back and fourth will work.
    Mountain Climbers, two sets of 2 minutes

Day 2
    Walk/swim/bike 70 minutes

repeat days 1 and 2 until you get to day 5.

Day 5:
    Push-ups: 2 minutes, as many as you can humanly do
    Sit-ups: 2 minutes, as many as you can humanly do
    Running: as far as you can humanly run and as fast as you can run in 15 minutes
    Pull-ups/wall climbs, as many times as you can do it in 2 minutes
    Repeat for 3 sets
    after all three sets are done, walk 10 minutes at a calm and easy pace, just relax.
    Stretch.
    PUT EVERYTHING INTO IT!!!

Do until week 24

At week 24
    day 1.
    Standard warm-up
    Push-ups: 700, 10 sets of 70, 1 minute between sets.
    Sit-ups: 700, 10 sets of 70, 1 minute between sets
    Running: 30 minutes, as far as you can go
    Pull-ups/wall climb, as many as you can do in 10 minutes
    Walk 10 minutes
    Stretch
    Day 2.

Walk/swim/ride bike for 1 hour, 20 minutes

follow pattern of previous weeks.

day 5:
    Warm-up with a 2 minute jog, rest 10 minutes.
    Push-ups: as many as you can do without stopping
    Sit-ups: as many as you can do without stopping
    Run: 5 1/2 miles as fast as you possibly can. Shoot for 40 minutes flat

For weeks 28+
    Day 1
    Standard warm-up
    Push-ups: 1,000, 10 sets of 100
    Sit-ups: 1,000, 10 sets of 100
    Run: 6 miles, shoot for 45 minutes or less
    Pull-ups/Wall climbs: as many as you can do without stopping
    Walk 10 minutes
    Stretch.

Day 2:
    Walk/ride bike/swim 1 hour 30 minutes

Day 3, repeat 1
    Day 4, repeat 2
    Day 5
    Push-ups: 2 minutes
    Sit-ups: 2 minutes
    Run: 3 miles as fast as you can
    Pull-ups/wall climb, as many as you can do without stopping
    3 sets

within approx 6 months you'll be lean and incredibly fit. I did this workout when I was much younger back in high school, and had insane fitness for my age. Don't know how it will work for army workouts or marine workouts but it worked great for me.

In fact I'm getting back onto it after this coming weekend.

Re: 28 week+ workout program

You should sell this. It's very simple. Burn more calories than you take in.

Comment

Solid routine I think would be great for APFT preparation, but I have a question. Now I see you have 2 rest days in each week, but if I read correctly they are day 6 & 7 each week. I feel it is great at the beginning , but can those days be substituted and split up during the week? Some of those days seem intense and splitting those days up may reduce the risk of injury before repeating they cycle over. Also should one increase their carb and protein intake as it goes on?

Comment

Originally posted by kswat07 View Post
        Solid routine I think would be great for APFT preparation, but I have a question. Now I see you have 2 rest days in each week, but if I read correctly they are day 6 & 7 each week. I feel it is great at the beginning , but can those days be substituted and split up during the week? Some of those days seem intense and splitting those days up may reduce the risk of injury before repeating they cycle over. Also should one increase their carb and protein intake as it goes on?
        APFT?

In regards to the questions, the intensity is what it's ment for. the 48hr rest period is to allow your body to recoup from last weeks work as it transitions over-time.

In regards to protiens carbs etc. That's all from your dairy. Like cottage cheese etc.

When you're talking protien, supplements like Creatine and other protien supplements should never be consumed. Reason being: When you surge protien or any supplement in your body, over-time you create somewhat of a bodily addiction to it, and a dependance on it for your bodies natural growth. Eventually it'll be to the point if you stop taking it for whatever reason, your body can have exponential strength and muscle loss because that surge isn't their.

If you wish to consume more protien, consume the 3-5 servings of dairy for the calcium and protien. You will also have a protien source in your serving of fish, meat, or poultry naturally.

In regards to carbs, carbs are fine, just not white carbs (white breads, white rice, potato, etc) because those are empty carbs. They are only "filler" in your body.

The goal of the program is gradually increasing intensity, and naturally letting your body feed off its own fat stores. Someone who is 50% BMI for instance could follow this routine, and by end of week 28, that man would be approx 16-18%. It's ment to focus on the fat stores in your body. If you'd like more carbs, eat denser pancakes for breakfast, etc.

Every meal should have somekind of fruit, vegatable, meat, dairy, wholegrain/wheat breading. (even a chocolate chip cookie made with wheat flour etc. is fine)

Occasionally if someone feels they'd like a higher calorie intake, just stack more ont he plate. Whatever doesn't fit on the plate, don't eat it.

Once you're at the maintenance phase, and maintaining the maintenance level for your body, add denser foods and add an extra helping of something time to time to allow for your body to stay healthy while keeping up with the program.

I used to be incredibly fit for my age when I was younger, sadly I stopped following the program, and began to gain weight back. (once you get on a program, stay on it) Starting Monday I will be going back on the program.

IN regards to injury, YOU know your body better than anyone else. If you feel you have/may suffer injury doing something, ease up. YOU control the pace of the timed events, YOU control the pace to achieve each goal based ont he day.

The workout events can be distributed across the day, or it can be all at one sitting, it doesn't matter. Fit it in the day how you'd like, whatever rests you feel you need, if you think you need more rest time, take it.

That is just a basic template of the workout program I used to do when I was younger. I know a 83 year old man who is in the maintenance phase of the program, and he's been doing it since he was one of those "cool guys" in Vietnam. In fact he's the same man who taught me of it. But it works.

Overtime your body will get used to it. It's ment to be "tough" sot hat your body never plateus until you reach maintenance phase. Than at that point, you want the program to be muscle memory for you.

Blood work, health, etc. will be good. Just stay hydrated.

Comment

I'm in good shape and prepared for basic, however I'm looking for a new workout anyway, so I'm going to try this. Looks interesting.
          Last edited by CAllen; January 30th, 2012, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CAllen View Post
            I'm in good shape and prepared for basic, however I'm looking for a new workout anyway, so I'm going to try this. Looks interesting.
            So how's it working for you so far?

Comment

Hey

I'm 19 yr old female (I'll be 20 on Thursday) and just passed my ASVAB today. I am hoping to leave for boot camp in August or Sept and I am beyond out of shape and want to be in shape before I leave of course but don't know where to start and this workout seem interesting but I was thinking maybe with starting with so much I would tire myself out right away. So would you suggest I just try this any way and see how far I can push myself with it or start off with smaller numbers

Comment

Originally posted by TKendrick21 View Post
                Hey

I'm 19 yr old female (I'll be 20 on Thursday) and just passed my ASVAB today. I am hoping to leave for boot camp in August or Sept and I am beyond out of shape and want to be in shape before I leave of course but don't know where to start and this workout seem interesting but I was thinking maybe with starting with so much I would tire myself out right away. So would you suggest I just try this any way and see how far I can push myself with it or start off with smaller numbers
                Hello and Happy Birthday,

I'm a certified personal trainer, a current student of Exercise and Movement Science, and I can say with no hesitation that this plan was pulled out of someone's ***, and should be regarded as mostly bogus. There are some fragments of truth, such as whole grains over enriched breads, and while each muscle group needs 48 of rest between sessions, it doesn't mean that you need to rest on Sat/Sun, that would be 72 hours. 48 hours is only one full day between training to allow muscles to heal. The progression on this program is ridiculous, insulting actually, 4 months before progressing at all? That's absurd. It only takes about 6 weeks for the body to adapt to your training, and it should be progressed every couple of weeks. A principle called progressive overload is necessary for improvement, and waiting 4 months to improve isn't necessary or feasible for most people. If you want to get in shape for Basic, consider what you will be doing there and how often. That's how you should train. No doubt you will be tired and sore as your body adapts to the workload, as it should be. For the AFPT you will have to do so many push-ups within a specific time, so many sit-ups within a specific time, and run so far within a specific time. You should take the initiative to learn what those requirements are, and start working your way up to that immediately. Adding in some squats, lunges, planks, or even a group exercise class like yoga would be great also. Whatever you do, don't just take random people's advice or exercise plans because they will tell you anything to sound like they know what they're talking about without having the knowledge or credentials to do so. If you really need help (as in you can't manage doing push-ups, sit-ups, and running on your own) then hire a trainer for a couple of sessions, which would cost you about $100 well spent. You should do your routine every other day, only one day between sessions, and do multiple sets. In other words run as far as you can, push yourself a little further, then rest for a few minutes, repeat that 2-3 times. Do the same thing with push-ups/sit-ups, do as many as you can, rest a couple of minutes, then repeat 2-3 times. As you get stronger add more reps and sets to your routine and reduce your rest time until you can knock out the required amount for the AFPT. Good Luck!!

P.S. you only need more than 48 hours of rest when you are lifting really heavy weights, most bodyweight exercises can be done every day without doing you any harm. Just stay up on your protein and green vegetables, and limit your sugar and fat intake, you will be successful!

-Nick
                Last edited by Hargrove.Spc.541; June 25th, 2012, 05:35 PM.

Comment

The following book is oneof the greatest fitness books to own http://www.dragondoor.com/shop-by-department/books/b41/

Comment

Working...
                  X