X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sit ups problem

hey everyone,1st time hopefull here. i still have about 6 months before i can get my stuff started( i think)
    im having an issue doing sit ups. i can do them,but towards the end,my lowwer is killing me,and burns. could it be that mt body just isnt use to this yet? i can go for about 30 seconds,then it starts.
    thanks

Re: sit ups problem

Can you give a little more discription in terms of the pain? Your lower back shouldn't hurt doing sit ups. What are you wearing while doing these, are these being done on carpet?

Comment

i usaully wear basketball short,or sewats and a tee or tank. and i always do them on carpet,or i use a cushion/foam pad. ive never had any major back problems, i can do other ab/core workouts no problem,just sit ups are the issue.

Comment

So I'm going to ask the obviously dumb question but is it rug burn? Consider that you are doing an exercise that creates movement and pressure which is all centered on your lower back/upper glutes. Does your back actually hurt after you stop? By hurt I mean does the pain persist in what feels like muscle soreness, and or skeletal pain that lasts long after you are done doing the exercise? Does this prevent you from doing other physical activity?

I experience a similar burning sensation from time to time when ruck marching. It feels like a burning sensation and a sharp pain in an isolated point right about where the tail bone is. After rucking the pain quickly disappears and there is no affect on my ability to perform other physical activites. Turns out the problem is the way my ACU pants and belt happen to line up with the hip pad, causing a very small point in my belt loop to dig in and rub my back.

Comment

I know personally if my waist band of my shorts or sweats is in just the right position it will **** my back. I would try doing some stretches and strength training that target your lower back and see if that helps. In the mean time you can do crunches to keep up with ab work and they will put some stress on your lower back but not as much as a full sit up.

Comment

it feels more like skeletal pain,but im gonna try some lowwer back workouts later tonight and see how that goes for about a week or so. i still have 3 or 4 more ab exercises i can do that dont hurt,as much.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisinphx View Post
              it feels more like skeletal pain,but im gonna try some lowwer back workouts later tonight and see how that goes for about a week or so. i still have 3 or 4 more ab exercises i can do that dont hurt,as much.
              Do them more but also do situps. Stop the sit ups when there is any discomfort in the area. Just work on making your core stronger. If it still persists or gets worse go see a doctor.

Comment

Working...
              X