X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asthma-related question

As a child I was diagnosed with asthma. I had one attack when I was about four and walked into a smokers bathroom, and haven't had any problems with it since. I'm now eighteen and can't even remember last time I used an inhaler, or have even had symptoms within the past decade. I can do the PT test just fine, was wondering if that bit of my history would cause problems when I went to join.

Re: Asthma-related question

I'm not going to tell you to lie, but if the military is something you really want to do and you are confident in your independence from an inhaler or any remedy what so ever in dealing with your now apparently absent asthma...................then what MEPS doesn't know won't hurt you.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Juggernaut View Post
      I'm not going to tell you to lie, but if the military is something you really want to do and you are confident in your independence from an inhaler or any remedy what so ever in dealing with your now apparently absent asthma...................then what MEPS doesn't know won't hurt you.
      +1000

They only know what you tell them. They cannot access your medical records, no matter how many different ways they say that they can.

Comment

It appears most kids grow out of it by 13. Regulations state that you'll be fine.

Comment

I was also diagnosed with asthma when i was very little, but as you grow up it goes away.

Comment

Working...
          X