Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lots of weight to lose

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
    True! But your body constantly regenerates that mass so a noticeable result would be nil.

I agree that the "bottle spitting" concept is ludicrous.

Roger. On second thought, I feel guilty for even suggesting this. While it can provide a temporary loss of a pound or two (regeneration?), it is very dangerous and the return is minimal. OP, disregard.

Comment

True! But your body constantly regenerates that mass so a noticeable result would be nil.
      If you weigh 150 lbs and spit 1 lb of saliva into a bottle, you weigh 149 lbs, regardless of your body's regeneration of saliva. Conservation of mass.

Comment

I would not recommend this. Water weights 16 oz per pound. To lose one pound of weight by spitting, you would have to fill a 20 oz bottle 3/4 full. But you are also constantly regenerating saliva so I don't know that you would lose that much weight by spitting.

Also, you will also need to whiz in a cup at MEPS and if you are extremely dehydrated they are going to make you push water. If the OP is going to make the cut, I believe she will do so out of perseverance, good judgement and hard work....not desperate measures.

NOTE: I don't know about everyone else, but we had to wee in the cup BEFORE we were taken back for weight, taping (if necessary), etc so you will NEED some liquid in you.
        Lavoisier Jr. Reinventing science.

Comment

Originally posted by robinpugs06 View Post
          Thank you...i will add it
          No problem and sadly time travel into the past is not one of the side effects. Besides whenever I need to do that I just get in my delorean or phone booth.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
            Lavoisier Jr. Reinventing science.
            Chemistry was never my strong suit....lol

It's still a bad idea!

Comment

Chemistry was never my strong suit....lol

It's still a bad idea!
              We still love you.

Comment

Oh and when your walking after you are done running walk backwards because it burns more calories than regular walking

....and this only works for turning back odometers in cars (running them in reverse).

Comment

Its true backwards walking and running does the body good http://www.pyroenergen.com/articles/...rd-running.htm

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
                    If you walk backwards fast enough, you can actually walk back in time to before the weight became an issue and fix it that way.
                    Haha awesome!
                    I wonder what my neighbors will think when I go walking backwards past their houses? Hopefully someone will ask me why I am walking backwards so I can say "I am trying to walk back in time!"
                    Thanks for the laugh

Comment

Ok I am going to run and then sprint backwards while spitting and holding my breath and flexing my abs...got it :-)

Comment

Just be careful when walking and running backwards not to trip over anything.

Comment

Originally posted by o13starsnstripes View Post
                          Just be careful when walking and running backwards not to trip over anything.
                          Maybe if I keep tripping and having to get up over and over again I will burn more calories?? :-)

Comment

Well brain usage does require a significant use of calories so........maybe!

Comment

Originally posted by jwarren View Post
                              If you weigh 150 lbs and spit 1 lb of saliva into a bottle, you weigh 149 lbs, regardless of your body's regeneration of saliva. Conservation of mass.

Explain this one to me...How come if you weigh yourself before you go to bed and then again when you wake there is normally about a 2 pound difference in the morning???

Comment

Originally posted by jwarren View Post
                                Oooohhh.....understood. I never took chemistry in high school, excuse my ignorance.

Comment

Working...
                                X