X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lots of weight to lose

I loved this post! I'm thrilled for your success so far! I'd be interested to know how you are "taping" out right now. As you get closer to a "normal" weight don't expect to loose more than 1 - 2 pounds a week. It's still all input/outgo. There's no other real secret other than that. How much better do you feel now than when you started this journey?

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
      I loved this post! I'm thrilled for your success so far! I'd be interested to know how you are "taping" out right now. As you get closer to a "normal" weight don't expect to loose more than 1 - 2
      pounds a week. It's still all input/outgo. There's no other real secret other than that. How much better do you feel now than when you started this jouoney?
      I feel so much better. It is amazing how much easier simple tasks are. I feel healthy and I am really proud of myself for the progress I have made. I have learned a lot about myself and have found an inner strength I didn't know I had. It hasn't always been an easy journey but it has been well worth it. There are times where I have gotten really frustrated but I never gave up. I have changed my life and see myself in a whole new light. I still have a ways to go but I have come so far and I will never go back to the way I was.
      Last edited by robinpugs06; April 25th, 2012, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Wow! Congratulations! Job well done, and much continued success.

Comment

Well, time has run out for me. I turn 35 in one month so I guess the Army National Guard is out for me. My only option is Navy Reserves. I really wanted the Army but I just want to serve. We will see if the Navy will give me a waiver for the shoulder surgery I had in 1998. Fingers crossed!

Comment

Actually Robin, the Air National Guard is still allowing non prior service applicants up to the age of 40. That would be a much closer fit to the ARNG!

http://www.103aw.ang.af.mil/careers/
            Last edited by Mongoose772; July 18th, 2012, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Ya except the ANG requires a security clearance to enlist and since being unemployed my credit has suffered greatly. Apparently if you don't have current payment arrangements with all past due creditors you will most likely not get the security clearance. Being on unemployment I can not do that right now. :-( I believe I am also considered prior service...

Comment

HELp! I need to drop about 4% on my body fat in a couple of weeks...I am running 3-4 miles a day with a lot of big hills, I am at about 1200 calories a day, what else can I do? I am avoiding carbs and sugars, I drink one cup of coffee with non dairy sugar free creamer and water only, only eating fish, veggy burgers and chicken with veggies and fruit. I have lost 70 pounds but I am still over my max weight and I found an ARNG recruiter that is trying to push things along quickly before I turn 35 on August 18.
                Last edited by robinpugs06; July 24th, 2012, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Robin you are a credit to us all. Honestly. I think you are doing everything you can. I think you used the term BMI inappropriately here btw. We are already super proud of you. Just give us the hard numbers. How many pounds do you need to loose to meet weight, or how many % points of body fat do you need to drop in order to "make tape?"

Comment

My weight needs to be 148 and my body fat % 34%
                    Weight is 170 lbs
                    Body Fat % is roughly 38%

Just finished my Path To Honor Application - wow that was a fun SIX hours :-)
                    Last edited by robinpugs06; July 24th, 2012, 07:27 PM.

Comment

I don't want to encourage you to overdo it or push yourself too much but it might be time to start doing two-a-days....workouts I mean. Running is great, but add something else in. Insanity? Have you considered Bikram Yoga? Most places will do an unlimited class pass for $20-25 for 2 weeks. Even if you just go and sit on your mat for most of the time you will get benefits and its like being in a sauna, which might help with the numbers. Good luck you can DO IT!

Comment

You could drop another ten pounds but it will be very rigorous. You 've got 20 days. Losing a pound in two days is borderline insanity, but it can be done. At OCS I lost 7 pounds in a week. I hope you make it

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
                          You could drop another ten pounds but it will be very rigorous. You 've got 20 days. Losing a pound in two days is borderline insanity, but it can be done. At OCS I lost 7 pounds in a week. I hope you make it
                          That's why I am trying to lose inches so I can make tape :-) Of course with all the weight I have lost, I lost weight around my neck - WHERE YOU DON'T WANT TO LOSE IT!!

Comment

This isn't something I would normally recommend, but you're in a special situation. Look up "Rapid Fat Loss Handbook" by Lyle McDonald (bodyrecomposition.com). Lyle is a widely known and respected name in the field of nutrition, and by that I don't mean he is a talking head on an infomercial. His science is rock solid and his books are fully referenced and peer-reviewed. This is a protein-sparing modified fast, and it's the safest crash diet that I know of.

Talk to your doctor about what you're doing and see if they have any concerns before you do this, and ensure that you supplement adequately with a multivitamin at the very least.

In the last two days before you weigh in, I suggest drastically limiting your salt intake and eliminating any starchy carbohydrates (bread, etc.) and red meat from your diet because these will cause you to temporarily retain more water. At ~190lb, my weight can easily fluctuate 5 pounds within the day based on what I ate the day before and how much water is in my system. Again, I'm not a doctor, so please consult yours.

Comment

Originally posted by robinpugs06 View Post
                              My weight needs to be 148 and my body fat % 34%
                              Weight is 170 lbs
                              Body Fat % is roughly 38%

Just finished my Path To Honor Application - wow that was a fun SIX hours :-)
                              Too much weight in a short time. Not even realistic for a bigger loser show. Perhaps you should realize that there are probably some other things you need to focus on in life but not a return to military service.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                                Too much weight in a short time. Not even realistic for a bigger loser show. Perhaps you should realize that there are probably some other things you need to focus on in life but not a return to military service.
                                I am not focusing on the pounds, I am focusing on the body fat %. I am not one to give up so I will do what I can. No offense but you don't know me or what I need to focus on. I want to serve and I am doing all that I can to get that opportunity. If the ARNG doesn't work out I still have the Air National Guard and the Navy Reserves.

Comment

Working...
                                X