X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health History Records

I am just curious - how much of someone's health records can and does the military have access to? I know recruiters tend to tell enlistees to answer "no" but can't that come back and bite you down the road? I don't have any psych issues or major medical issues. I had shoulder surgery in 1998 which I am going to be honest about - I have an obvious scar. But what about mild things like I was hospitalized for 3 days about 10 years ago for food poisoning...things like that (nothing major like other surgeries or what have you) but I am 34 and time is running out and I know waivers are hard to come by by I would not want to get a fraudulent discharge down the road.

Re: Health History Records

If you don't want a fraudulent discharge, then don't do anything fraudulent.

Comment

I am not planning on doing anything fraudulent I was just curious if they have access to all your medical records and will scrutinize and will want more info on any and everything? I am going to be honest about my shoulder surgery but do I need to list when I had to go to the er cuz I slept wrong and couldnt turn my head cuz my neck muscles were all tight and I had no insurance so I couldnt go to the doctors? Or when I had food poisoning? I dont necessarily trust the recruiter when he says "you can leave that out" because it is my chance to serve that is on the line so that is why I was asking.

Comment

They only know what you tell them. If you tell them about something you must provide documentation for it. They don't have access to your past records. Thats not to say that you shouldn't disclose everything, just that you'll have to provide them with any documentation concerning it.

Comment

Just fill-out your application truthfully and you should have no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
            Just fill-out your application truthfully and you should have no problems.
            This is not neccesarily true. Unless however you dont consider a DQ to be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
              This is not neccesarily true. Unless however you dont consider a DQ to be a problem.
              I am not a lawyer SSG and not a writer of legalese but that is why I used the word SHOULD instead of WILL or WOULDN'T. There might be other reasons why she might not be qualified but at least it is a honest application.

Comment

It was more of just a general curiosity not really anything I am trying to hide

Comment

Working...
                X