X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCT fitness help

Sorry this might be somewhat long, but I enlisted a couple weeks ago and got a relatively soon ship date. I ship in just under 3 weeks, but I am having problems with my running. To be honest I can only run 1/4 of a mile before my lungs start to give. I try to make myself push through but my endurance is killing me. I have also tried slowing down. No help. Should I see if I can get my ship date pushed back? The last thing I want to do is get discharged because I cannot run. My push ups and situps are good. Oh I have bct at Fort Jackson if that helps any.

Re: BCT fitness help

Your ship date will not get pushed back.

Dont worry, your running will get better while you are there. For now, if you can only run a 1/4 mile, then run a 1/4 mile and then walk for a minute before you start running again. Just slow your pace down and keep going.

Comment

Here is a 3 week program to get you to the point of running a full mile,

Run/jog 2 minutes, walk 8 minutes, repeat 4 times. Do this every other day for 4 days.

Then...

Run Jog 4 Minutes, walk for 5 minutes, Repeat 4 times, every other day for 4 days.

Run/Jog 6 Minutes, walk for 2 minutes, repeat 4 times every other day... but now on your days in between, do 20 second sprints, 4 times, with a 1 minute rest in between each sprint.

Then run/jog 8-9 Minutes straight. This should be about a mile. Your are now ready to test at reception.

If you feel shin splints don't worry, those are normal, but if you have any pain in your rear thigh/buttox area, stretch and ice it, and take a couple of days off.

This is a faster than usual program, but with three weeks, this may be of the only help.

Good luck!

Comment

Holy **** your having trouble after just a 1/4 mile? What have you been doing with your life?!

dandruff1138's post is sound advice. I would follow that. Best of luck.

Comment

Working...
        X