X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Running?

you have to run to get better at it but there are other ways to build your cardio and leg endurance but to build them for running you need to run. why isnt running the best option for you?

Replacing Running?

I'll get straight to the point. Where i live running isn't..the best option. I know it's very important but i was wondering if i could replace running and get the same results if i did running?

If anyone ever did p90x do you think if i did the plyometrics everyday instead of running, do you think i would improve my running time that workout?? or should i run anyway?

Comment

Re: Replacing Running?

you have to run to get better at it but there are other ways to build your cardio and leg endurance but to build them for running you need to run. why isnt running the best option for you?

Comment

What if you have a bad knee after 3 miles of running? Is there any strength training to rebuild the tendons or whatever is damaged?

Comment

If you are training for a running event then nothing beats running! However, if it is truely a hazard to run in your area ie, wicked winter weather, high crime and anarchy due to OWS protesters then I understand. If you have access to a treadmil use that. It doesn't quite replicate running on the road but it's at least the same exercise. Make sure you put the incline to atleast a 2.

If that is not an option then getting cardio of some kind is important. Creating good cardio vascular endurance is the key, however you can only improve your run so much with a stationary bike, eliptical, stair master etc. Plyometrics are not going to do much of anything to improve your run. A little in muscular endurance but thats it.

If you are having joint problems then don't waste time trying to find the answer on an internet forum, go see a doctor. Although one bit of parting advice would be your running shoes. Wearing the right shoes for your particular foot type will go a long way to prevent or cure a lot of problems. Still, go see a doctor.

Comment

I would suggest go to a doctor, find out what is wrong, then go to physical therapy where they can address the exact problem.

Comment

I have just started to get back into running and I am really liking it except my left shin doesn't always like it. When I start feeling the shin pain and tightness I take a couple of days off from running and work out on an elliptical machine. It is low impact - so great for a bad knee - but still gives your legs a work out and gets the heart pumping - if you put it at a decent resistance of course.

Comment

FInd a Pool or Lake, run in the water, less impact, higher output.

Also, swimming, swimming, swimming, swimming, and swimming.

Comment

I know I have said this before on this site but using Kettlebells and doing exercises such as The Snatch, The Swing ( one handed and two handed, the push press, the clean and press and I suppose you could add in the squat. Check out dragon door products and go to their message board to and ask around for more options. Good Luck

Comment

Working...
                  X