X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem getting hospital bills paid

I was in a humvee accident last November and have done what I was supposed to do with turning in my bills and turned in my medical records to the unit but my hospital bills have not been paid. I just recently got a letter from an attorney stating that the hospital is going to try to take this to court. Can I get any advice on getting help with this?

Re: Problem getting hospital bills paid

I don't know what avenues you have pursued with your chain of command, but you can always contact the TRICARE Healthcare Support Services Branch, Customer Service Representative at 888-647-6676, extension 3352 with specific questions and requests for assistance.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Teresa King View Post
      I was in a humvee accident last November and have done what I was supposed to do with turning in my bills and turned in my medical records to the unit but my hospital bills have not been paid. I just recently got a letter from an attorney stating that the hospital is going to try to take this to court. Can I get any advice on getting help with this?
      Make sure you are following the procedures for line of duty care. Here are some links.

http://www.tricare.mil/mybenefit/Pro...2FLineDutyCare

http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/r600_8_4.pdf <--Read the regulations.

Can you provide more information about what happened during drill or was this something you just did on your own. Meaning did you go to the hospital based on your injury afterwards and then informed your leadership? Do you have tricare reserve select or did you have it at the time of injury? Do you have any type of medical insurance?

When I got hurt on drill, my unit started the paperwork and gave it to me prior before going to the MTF. That is what should of happened. Because the hospital would have known who to bill prior to treatment.
      Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; July 6th, 2011, 04:19 AM.

Comment

I was moving equipment in a convoy when it happened and was taken to a emergency room where my leadership meet me. It was during a drill and under orders. The hospital billed my regular insurance but also has sent me bills that I have turned into my unit. I unfortunately still have not had any of those bills paid.

Comment

Working...
        X