Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was your run time before BCT?

What was your run time before BCT?

Im curious to know. Im certain not everyone was "prepared" or could run the full 2miles in the appropriate time when they reached BCT but im curious what would be at least "Decent" before reaching BCT. Im still off by about 30sec with my time...I ship in August and i keep telling myself that i will be prepared before i go but man (sigh) Running is NOT my strong point and i know i'll get whipped into shape when i reach...

I guess i'm just worrying about it too much.

Re: What was your run time before BCT?

Yea, don't get wrapped around the axel... With all you do out there you will be in great shape by the end. It's inevitable, you are contantly moving and working out in some way, shape or form while there. Just keep trying to improve, but don't fret!

Comment

21:30 failing to 16:22 passing. CHBOLC

Comment

Like 40 minutes.

Comment

13:30. 13.17 during the final PT test. I was playing competetive soccer before I went to BCT. I remember guys that were running high 14's in the beginning but during the last PT test were running low 13's. Most people get into better shape during BCT. Other actually get out of shape. As long as you can pass when you get there you shouldn't have any issues. Just don't be that soldier that shows up to drill 3 weeks after graduating from AIT and fail a company record PT test. Work hard to get to that level of fitness and then do yourself a favor and stay at that level.

Comment

For me, it was 16:00 before I left, 15:45 on the first PT test (at Ft Benning, coming from high altitude at Colorado), by the end of 11B OSUT it was 13:20.

Comment

Something like 18-20min. Passed barely by the end of OSUT (which would have been 15:54). I've always hated running and besides the company runs, our platoon hardly did any. I actually failed the last PT test by like 30secs...and was part of the last batch of people to redo it. Not wanted to be recycled and get the **** out of there can be a great motivator.

Comment

18:26 to 13:45 at the end of OSUT.

Comment

2mi was around 21:28 when I signed the papers in March, 1mi run at reception in May was 8:28, finished OSUT with around a 15:31

Comment

Started OSUT around 16 or so and finished with a 13:26.

Comment

I havent actually done a 2 mile yet. Im still in RSP and this last weekend was my first drill... So two weeks prior to that i had been running 1 mile a night to see my times. I was getting around 9:30-10:40, well at RSP we did 1-1-1 and i got 8:02, so im thinking when i do my two mile i was get about 16:04 hopefully

Comment

Originally posted by JoeFrison0122 View Post
                        I was getting around 9:30-10:40, well at RSP we did 1-1-1 and i got 8:02, so im thinking when i do my two mile i was get about 16:04 hopefully
                        That's the theory, but remember, if you don't do a lot of running...you will be more tired by that second mile and may be a little slower. Alot of the kids at my RSP say they ONLY run when they come to drill; they're going to have FUN at BCT!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeFrison0122 View Post
                          I havent actually done a 2 mile yet. Im still in RSP and this last weekend was my first drill... So two weeks prior to that i had been running 1 mile a night to see my times. I was getting around 9:30-10:40, well at RSP we did 1-1-1 and i got 8:02, so im thinking when i do my two mile i was get about 16:04 hopefully
                          Your off to a decent start. If you mix in some faster pace runs such as 1/4 mile sprints or 1/2 mile interval runs and the occasional longer than 2 mile run(at least 3 miles) then you will see your run time start to drop. Fartleks are a very usefull training tool to drop your run time.

Comment

Working...
                          X