X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all-guard marathon team

just wondering if anyone knows how to get on the team.

thanks!

Re: all-guard marathon team

Originally posted by floresto View Post
    just wondering if anyone knows how to get on the team.

thanks!
    run fast for 26.2 miles!

Comment

Re: all-guard marathon team

Look at the military sports website: http://armedforcessports.defense.gov/afs_contact.html

It should have links from previous competitions and time standards. In all honesty you have to be really good or really fast to be selected for the sporting events but if you are then I'm sure its lots of fun.

I don't know about the marathon competition but most competitions are against other branches or other militaries of the world. Its also a great deal to serve out your time too for active duty or gain active duty points for the reserve.
      Last edited by MichaelPC; April 27th, 2011, 10:07 AM. Reason: added link

Comment

I know this thread is old but to answer the question. Each state has a Marathon Team you will need to run a Marathon on your on to get a qulifying time for your state. Some states dont advertise the team so you will need to get with your chain of command to get the information. Once you connect with the state team and have a qualifying time usualy around 3:40 can get you on a state team if they have funds avalible. Next step is to run that National Marathon Competition in Lincoln Nebraska for a chance to get placed on the national team. Last year you would need a sub 3:00:00 Marathon to get on the team. This time seems to be getting faster every year. Once on the National Team there are several events through out the year you can participate in. Thats as much as I know. Public Affairs or Recruting should know about the marathon team in your state.

Comment

Working...
        X