X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pin and screw in knee

I have 2 screws in my knee cap due to a car accident a year ago. It doesn't effect my ability to run, squat, or anything like that. My knee also doesn't swell after exercise and i can go to my knee with no problem or pain. I want to know if the screws would hold me back from joining the guard.

Re: pin and screw in knee

Originally posted by liquid814 View Post
    I have 2 screws in my knee cap due to a car accident a year ago. It doesn't effect my ability to run, squat, or anything like that. My knee also doesn't swell after exercise and i can go to my knee with no problem or pain. I want to know if the screws would hold me back from joining the guard.
    Current Army Medical Requirements are: Retained hardware is not disqualifying if fractures are healed, ligaments are stable, and there is no pain.

But with that said, there is still a possibility to be medically disqualified by the MEPS physicians. Ultimately its their call.

Comment

As mentioned by SF Hunter it is the MEPS physicians call, but if you can get a civilian DR. to put in writing that your situation will cause you problems. This can help your case, also speak to a local recruiter as they will know how their local MEPS works.

Comment

Thanks for the input. Means alot and hope the MEPS physicians clear me for duty.

Comment

Working...
        X