X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2mile Run.

I've seen it a few times on here, but I'll repeat it anyway. NEVER QUIT. Improving your run time means defeating the mental block you don't even know you have. When you hit the point where your legs are screaming and your lungs are burning- Do not stop. Do not walk. If you have to, slow to a steady jog, but pick it up again after a short break. When I shipped to basic my 1 mile was 10:45, my final APFT at basic was 16:11. I'm female so the standards differ but the improvement is still there. My Drill Sergeants would not allow us to walk at anytime during runs, especiLly on the APFT's. I would also suggest running on a variety of surfaces tar/track/treadmill each will alter your run times. Remember to hydrate as well, cramps are caused by poor breathing or poor hydration :-D good luck! Don't let age be a factor-show the youngins whose boss! I know I did!!

Comment

I am 18... I ran a mile the other night and i clocked it at 11:26 but i did it on a tread mill going about 5.0 to 5.5 which is a moderate jog to slower run i would say. I played football for ten years, but really havent activly done anything for a good two years. I smoke right now but ill be quiting after this weekend. Do i really stand a chance with a minimum of 16:36 for 2 miles? I dont want a minimum of 16:36 my goal is somewhere in the middle of 13 and 14. Im not a person who gives up easily i push my self to the limit.

Comment

I have the same problem, I never was real athletic, I was always the computer person, running my mile around 1.5 yrs ago or so i ran like 10:30ish and felt like crab since ive brought it to an 8:30 and feeling a bit better only a little more, doubled and ill be g2g! Was wondering if running with my dog (who pulls like heck) is a good idea to keep me moving?
        Last edited by Persaus; May 7th, 2011, 06:22 PM. Reason: profanity

Comment

My first RSP pt test I ran a 18:XX 2 mile and thought I would never be able to pass, but I kept running 6 days a week on my own, 4 miles a day and it actually helped a ton for basic. We also ran a lot in Basic too. I am in my final week of AIT now and my final pt test I got a 14:30 2 mile time so just keep at it and DO NOT GIVE UP! The majority of it is in your head so just keep pushing. Good luck

Comment

I'm 37 years old and I just graduated from Ft Benning Osut (11b). My running time for 2miles is 13 flat now. You have to get better time before you will get to bct or you are going to struggle. Also ability group runs (agr's) won't be fun for you. There is no magic trick to improve running - you just have to run. Do it Monday - Wednesday - Friday. Run always for 2.5 or 3 miles so you can start building endurance. Don't forget to stretch...good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the tips Robert .

Comment

Working...
              X