X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about PT tests

Hello, I am new to this forum but am currently on my way to joining the Guard. Tomorrow, I leave to go take the ASVAB. Well I have a few questions about the PT tests you go through to get into basic.

1.) If you fail one test do you not pass?

2.) In what order do you do these tests? (Push-ups, Sit-ups, 2 mile run)

3.) How do you know if you pass the PT tests?

4.) What happens if you don't pass the tests?

Thank you for your time.

Re: Questions about PT tests

1. If you fail any portion of the APFT, then you fail the whole test.
    2. PU, SU, 2-mile run
    3. Refer to the 2011 APFT fitness charts, you must score 60 or more points in each event.
    4. Soldiers who fail any portion of the APFT must re-take the entire APFT within three months (unless they have an approved medical profile). Soldiers who fail the APFT are flagged in accordance with Army Regulation 600-8-2. Individuals who are flagged for APFT failure are not eligibile for promotion, reenlistment or enlistment extension.

Comment

You only need 50 points in each event to pass in BCT, but in AIT you will need 60. Its not hard though and honestly if you cant get 50 pts in each event you may want to rethink your career

Comment

Are you sure it's 50 points? Every where I've looked has said 60.

Comment

Originally posted by nexstar99 View Post
          Are you sure it's 50 points? Every where I've looked has said 60.
          He DID say BCT. This is true especially if you're doing it and AIT back to back. It's also the only time in your career that 50pts is ever accepted. It is essentially a warm up test to the following one. More than likely if you dont make 50, your DS will mandate additional PT. Every test after that is 60.
          Last edited by SteveLord; April 16th, 2011, 11:33 PM.

Comment

It is 50 pts for BCT.

You will have 3 pt tests in BCT. If you fail the first and second you should still be ok but if you fail your third they can send you to FTU which is basically fat camp from what I hear. You will stay there on holdover status until you pass then they will ship you to AIT. Or the other option is they might restart you back to the beginning of BCT. I saw both situations in my platoon at BCT. We did pt 6 days a week though so for me it wasnt too bad but we did have a couple people still fail.

Comment

Dajean,

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? What parts of the PT test do you not feel comfortable with and why?

Comment

Working...
              X