Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Viceroy's Gripe Session.

Originally posted by MommaGrizzly View Post
    How's your resting heart rate? Do you know the symptoms of overtraining? ...running on protein alone can overtax your kidneys and make you dig into your muscles for fuel...
    MG

You're talking to a guy that didn't feel there was enough protein coursing through his veins until the sweat
    from his brow blinded his eyes due to the abundance of ammonia (byproduct of excessive protein absorption).

You're talking to a guy that has broken three treadmills due to prolonged excessive speed and forces elliptical
    machines to go on the blink due to being pushed beyond its 100% resistance level.

Drill sergeants emphasized sending guys home with broken arms and legs due to lack of bone density.
    My left leg was crushed between the front bumper of a cab and the engine of my motorcycle in a
    40mph head-on collision. The only injuries was two dents in my tibia.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, sergeant--my bones don't break.

Today I went to the gym and did four sets of squats with 410lbs, then did full speed
    interval training on the treadmill and elliptical, then punched the heavy bag and the
    speed bag and finished with sit-ups and push-ups. Total time: 2 hours.

After three days of cleansing and continuous shots
    of high protein shakes...

I'm back.
    Last edited by VICEROY06; March 29th, 2011, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Dude, it's basic...it get's easier every year. I say enjoy your last days of freedom before you leave. Dismiss all those stupid stories you got from the joe line. This isn't freakin ranger school or the olympics for crying out loud. Avoid military **** all together until it's time to go if the time is that close.

All that garbage in this thread + the existence of this thread in general is proof you're overdoing it. Check yourself, before you wreck yourself.
      Last edited by SteveLord; March 30th, 2011, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
        Check yourself, before you wreck yourself.
        I like that one.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
          Dude, it's basic...it get's easier every year. I say enjoy your last days of freedom before you leave. Dismiss all those stupid stories you got from the joe line. This isn't freakin ranger school or the olympics for crying out loud. Avoid military **** all together until it's time to go if the time is that close.

All that garbage in this thread + the existence of this thread in general is proof you're overdoing it. Check yourself, before you wreck yourself.
          It's not even about basic. It's about me. That's why I entitled this thread "Viceroy's Gripe Session". Please don't think I started my workout regimen just because I'm shipping off to BCT. I've been doing what would be considered extreme health and fitness 18 years before I even thought of enlisting in the National Guard. I even purposefully chose to go to basic during the summer months because I've spent the last four years in Palm Beach and Miami cycling the entire length of A1A in both cities (8 hour ride one way by bike) in 90 degree temperature with 80% humidity. I perform better in the heat. It's not even about going to BCT, it's about the time I'll spend away from my new wife, my new family. That's my real concern. You should know I don't care about "stupid stories". Stupid stories come from Joes that tried to sham their way through BCT--bottom line. I've already discussed that in other threads. The way I see it, I'm only taking advantage of what they teach in RSP resiliency training: Tap into past experiences in order to overcome future obstacles. Truth of the matter is, once I ship off and get away from outside influences and distractions and get to a place where I can focus on nothing but training, BCT will be a breeze. But it won't be a breeze without getting myself back up to my own personal standard of health and fitness.
          Last edited by VICEROY06; March 30th, 2011, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
            You're talking to a guy that didn't feel there was enough protein coursing through his veins until the sweat
            from his brow blinded his eyes due to the abundance of ammonia (byproduct of excessive protein absorption).

You're talking to a guy that has broken three treadmills due to prolonged excessive speed and forces elliptical
            machines to go on the blink due to being pushed beyond its 100% resistance level.
            Relax Hulk, spend some time with your family.

Comment

Viceroy, I never saw that Benning cut out the 1-1-1 in reception. I leave 20110509 and wonder what to expect.

Comment

Originally posted by 11Bang View Post
                Relax Hulk, spend some time with your family.
                Not only do I spend lots of time with the immediate family, I've been hanging around the mother-in-law's house, my brother-in-law's house, birthday parties for both grandkids, and my wife and I just looked at three more houses today.

Originally posted by mortarman32 View Post
                Viceroy, I never saw that Benning cut out the 1-1-1 in reception. I leave 20110509 and wonder what to expect.
                I posted the Youtube link around here somewhere. Forgot where I put it. Anyways, There's a guy on there that's currently at Benning and he said they don't test the 1-1-1 anymore because too many people fail. You can probably search for it at Youtube under Ft. Benning videos. There's tons and tons of Benning videos on there. Oh, and if you're in the mood to be entertained you should check out the Youtube videos on Ft. Gordon. Quite a bit of goof-off time on their hands over there.
                Last edited by VICEROY06; March 30th, 2011, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Oh ok. Your posts are consistent in which you seem to gripe more than anyone else on this forum. I guess you are a "glass is half-empty" kind of person.

Comment

Working...
                  X