X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Motivation needed

Speaking of core man I'm more sore from the neck down this morning from that run,I have been doing alot of pullups and Crossfit ( http://www.crossfit.com/ ) exercisies. I understand about the isolation makes sense , so basicaly I need to go back to my boxing training and do MMA like exercises, weather is getting good to start going into the garage again cool.Thank You all , I was thinking also I'm the kind of person that if I'm running in a group I'll push even more just to be competitive.

Comment

You should absolutely do more than just run, running will only get you so far. A good strength and conditioning program is KEY to any sort of real fitness.

I see you have found Crossfit and I highly recommend it, I am a Level 1 Crossfit Trainer and have been doing it for a couple of years now. Start slow, learn the movements and techniques and than work on increasing intensity. If you stick with it the APFT will become a joke, and you will really be fit, not just "APFT fit".

Comment

Sorry for not replying fast enough but, I have been doing crossfit for awhile on and off an I talked to the instructors at there both for a MMA fitness EXPO and they very positive people, I downloaded the APFT app and I don't know how accurate it is, as far as military standards go, but it says I pass 50 points under though ,I would love to pass at 90% at least.

Comment

When I used to prepare for a APFT I would start running a 1/4 mile until I could do it 2:45 seconds, then I would bump up and do a 1/2 mile and aim to keep the same pace and so on until I reached two miles. You should be able to do the 2 mile in 15 minutes at that pace. I would not recommend a treadmill for the fact that the running expierence is not the same. Treadmills are good (for me at least) at helping with my breathing techniques. But running on pavement puts different stress on your joints and muscles that a treadmill cushions and overall sets you up for failure. But like I said thats my opinion and not everyone is the same in that respect.

Comment

I'll take that into consideration, Im not doing all that bad, especially now that im doing conditioning. Im about 10-20sec away from passing. But heres the kicker, I keep working out hard the last 10 days,I stopped loseing weight but I feel quicker an thinner? What gives? I still weigh the same.

Comment

You could run outside and go light pole to light pole. Sprint crossing 5 light poles back and forth, and walk for one, sprint for 5, walk for 1, and so on

Comment

Just remember to keep cardio up. If you have too much muscle and not enough cardio to balance it out you could be in trouble on your runs..

Comment

Working...
                X