X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rower

I was just wondering if anyone here has started training for them? If so how many are you knocking out in a minute?

Re: The Rower

Why? It was shown in the Army Times message that the rower is not going to be an event in the new PT but a modified situp.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
      Why? It was shown in the Army Times message that the rower is not going to be an event in the new PT but a modified situp.
      Wait so then what does this modified situp look like? I thought the rower was going to be an event on the test.

Comment

I just checked the article out again and it says 1 minute of the rower

Comment

You are right. The Army Times initially showed a soldier in a rowing machine but the ab exercise is called the rower as depicted here

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2011/0...ew-pt-030411w/

it does require coordination. without someone holding my feet, its a little challenging.

Comment

Well I just wanted to add in that the 200 situp workout I posted a while ago can also be used for crunches, curl ups and the rower, not just situps alone. http://www.twohundredsitups.com/

Comment

For the people out of BCT and AIT it might be more of a struggle but in BCT and AIT we do them every time we do pt so for the new soldiers coming in it shouldnt be too much of a problem

Comment

Yeah...the "rower" is nothing new, it's been going on for the past couple of years as part of "Conditioning Drill 1". It will just be the old timers that will have to do the adjusting. If I wasn't in a training environment I'd be in the same boat.

Comment

Working...
                X