X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weight problem?

im 6 foot tall and weight 118lbs and im a guy.i really want to join you think i will be able to get a wavier

Re: weight problem?

I can't comment on your chances of a waiver, as I am not a recruiter (see my signature line). However, I can tell you how to avoid needing a waiver. Google "GOMAD". It works extremely well for gaining weight, but you need to hit the gym pretty hard to make it work. Also read up on anything written by Mark Rippetoe. The man knows what he's talking about when it comes to getting big and extremely strong.

Comment

Be careful with an "extreme" diet such as Gallon of Milk a Day. Perhaps even talk to your parents, a doctor, and/or a nutritionist.
      As the Sergeant said, proper physical training will be your key to success.

Comment

Originally posted by Squash View Post
        Be careful with an "extreme" diet such as Gallon of Milk a Day. Perhaps even talk to your parents, a doctor, and/or a nutritionist.
        As the Sergeant said, proper physical training will be your key to success.
        Yes, I probably should have more heavily stressed that you really NEED to incorporate a quality strength training program with GOMAD for it to work properly. If not, you'll pack on a pile of fat and will feel pretty bloated all the time. Even 1/2 GOMAD (2 quarts a day), again coupled with strenght training, will produce very good results due to the "novice effect". If you're not comfortable with drinking lots of milk, then strict calorie counting will help you gain weight. Every skinny person I've ever met always says they eat everything they can but can't seem to gain weight. When they start counting calories, though, they see that they really aren't eating all that much. I use the MyPlate calorie counter on LiveStrong.com and really like it. For gaining weight you should shoot for 3000-5000 kcal each day, depending on what your maintenance calorie requirement is. The hard part about it is that you can't just go through the drive through twice a day to get those calories. It has to be healthy food, but a lot of it, or you'll just get fat. That's why GOMAD is so popular. Milk is wonderful for you and very well balanced as far as macro-nutrients are concerned. The gist, though, is you need to eat a lot more, make sure it's not garbage that you're eating, and combine that with a good strenght training program (sensing a pattern here?) to make it work and make it a healthy transition.

Comment

Just watch the first week of "the biggest loser" when the contestants go over what their diet had been. Take notes and then do what they did...just stop before you reach 500 pounds.

Comment

Or get a job sitting in a cubicle. That is good for 30-50 lbs after a year or 2.

Comment

Originally posted by jaydez View Post
              Or get a job sitting in a cubicle. That is good for 30-50 lbs after a year or 2.
              but the risk of suicide is too high.

Comment

Working...
              X