Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
MEPS & The "Fear" that comes along with it...Bwaaa ha ha ha ha haaa .... Please Help. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEPS & The "Fear" that comes along with it...Bwaaa ha ha ha ha haaa .... Please Help.

I need a max 28% BMI for MEPS...I was 36% about 2mo ago.... I was 275lbs at 5'11 with a 16inch Neck & 46inch waist... Now i'm 230lbs 41 1/2inch waist and a 16inch neck at 28% BMI. My recruiter says Next week Wed i'm going to MEPS... Now i'm racing against the clock to see if i can lose at least 5 more pounds and 1 1/2inch off my waist.

I run 3miles everyday and do a light weight workout, i changed my eating habits and drink at least 8 bottles of water a day....I tried that Preparation H (Cream & Ointment 2 separate times & Plastic wrap) trick but it had no effect on me....

So Dieting & Exercise is all i can do...
    But i'm glad i had this amount of time to prepare although my Running can use some work & i have a fear of that when i reach BCT...

If anyone can give me any tips on what to do the night before MEPS i'd really appreciate it...I know technically i wont make height & weight but i'm really proud of myself for losing what i have thus far and i have no desire to EVER get that heavy again! I don't have the desire to eat fast foods or junk at all!

But i'm in NY & i hear MEPS in Brooklyn NY is the toughest in the country....I just hope i pass the Tape test and get sworn in the same day.

Re: MEPS & The "Fear" that comes along with it...Bwaaa ha ha ha ha haaa .... Please H

Fort Hamilton MEPS is more on the relaxed side

Comment

Re: MEPS & The "Fear" that comes along with it...Bwaaa ha ha ha ha haaa .... Please H

Originally posted by NJ732 View Post
      Fort Hamilton MEPS is more on the relaxed side
      I didnt know there existed something as the toughest MEPS in the country. I been to three MEPS throughout my career (Fort Hamilton was my initial MEPS back in the 80s and it was not bad at all. Personally, a very good experience and good chow.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
        I didnt know there existed something as the toughest MEPS in the country. I been to three MEPS throughout my career (Fort Hamilton was my initial MEPS back in the 80s and it was not bad at all. Personally, a very good experience and good chow.
        Each MEPS is different.

All based on the CMO running the MEPS.

So yes FT Hamilton is a little less strict in some areas where other MEPS are extremly strict on some things.

HT/WT is really nothing to be strict on though either you pass tape or dont.

Comment

Working...
        X