X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perforated Eardrum?

I am an Aviation Security major at Lewis University graduating in May and I am considering enlisting in the National Guard as military police. I have a perforated right eardrum that I have had surgery on several times to try to fix it unsuccessfully. I have also had one surgery on the same right ear to remove Cholesteatoma successfully. Will that disqualify me when I go through the medical exams? Are there waivers and am I likely to be granted one?
    Thank you in advance for your response,
    James Pankiewicz

Re: Perforated Eardrum?

I don't have an answer but I wanted to let you know that moderators don't take kindly to you posting multiple threads with the same exact question... Just for future reference. Don't worry, if someone knows the answer they will post it.

Comment

Ok sorry, I just didn't know which category this question belongs in.

Comment

I was DQ'ed for a perforated eardrum. I was granted a waiver, however, because it was not actually perforated rather I just couldn't VALSALVA in my right ear. After providing test results, a microscopic picture and letter from my civilian doctor, I was granted a waiver. Of course, this was easy since my eardrum was not actually perforated. My backup plan was to get it repaired and return six months later.

As far as your situation, you will be DQ'ed. I don't know enough about the current waiver and medical process to answer your other question.

Comment

Working...
        X