X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparring

It's hard to believe, but most people who spar have less heart problems, age less rapidly, and can often perform all through their life. Oh, wait, that's common sence. Post back if you are sparring. P.S. add your style.

Re: Sparring

I myself practice Judo, Kickboxing, Hand to Hand combatives, Close Quarters Combat, Sparring (commonly refered to as MMA) and am wanting to try Copoeira (just waiting of my ankle to heal).

Comment

I practice mixed martial arts. And when I say mixed martial arts I don't mean the glorified wrestling you see in UFC. I mix Jeet Kune Do with Judo, Muay Thai, and Kempo.

Comment

I practiced tae kwon do for 20 years which is my base art. I have mixed in grappling, boxing, and jkd.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsey-14s View Post
          wanting to try Copoeira
          I did that for about a year...I loved it

Comment

Did Tae Kwon Do for 11 years and then Soo Bahk Do for another 5.

Comment

I started with Tae Kwon Do and then moved into Muay Thai/Brazillian Jujitsu. I'm in college now at the moment and have to devote most of my time to it but once I graduate in another year or so I plan on getting right back to it.

Comment

I taught Chuck Norris all he knows. So, whatever you call that..

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by bojangleman View Post
                  I taught Chuck Norris all he knows. So, whatever you call that..

Alex
                  It's called bad @zz....just ask him.

Comment

Don't get me started on the glories of folk wrestling.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsey-14s View Post
                      It's hard to believe, but most people who spar have less heart problems, age less rapidly, and can often perform all through their life. Oh, wait, that's common sence. Post back if you are sparring. P.S. add your style.
                      I spar. Muay Thai/BJJ.

Comment

This is a great thread, by the way. At the risk of asking a dumb question--is there some form of extracurricular class where soldiers can meet and spar with other soldiers at BCT who are into practicing real mixed martial arts like the ones who have posted in this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
                          This is a great thread, by the way. At the risk of asking a dumb question--is there some form of extracurricular class where soldiers can meet and spar with other soldiers at BCT who are into practicing real mixed martial arts like the ones who have posted in this thread?
                          Aside from the combatives portion of IET there wont be other times for you to get together and hit each other. You'll find that any "extra" time you may find while there you will want to use that to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
                            Aside from the combatives portion of IET there wont be other times for you to get together and hit each other. You'll find that any "extra" time you may find while there you will want to use that to sleep.
                            Yes. Sleep. Yes. Roger that, forreal.

I've been hopped up on expresso coffee for the last two days since getting beat up this past drill for two days straight. It's the only way I can stay alert as well as numb the pain from the shin splints while I work this day job.

Comment

You sound like a fighter, I like that motivation. Be sure to get into good cardio shape for basic.

Comment

Working...
                              X