X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im afraid i may be gaining to much weight

I am gaining weight since my recruiter taped me I was 26% @ 225 im not sure what I am now the calulators say 26% but there is no way these are my stats.

Height: 72 inches

Weight: 235-240

Waist(@ navel): 40 inches

Neck (under adam apple): 16 inches

wrist: 7 inches

Chest: 46 inches

Bicep: (relax: 15 Flexed : 16 inch)

Thigh (center from waist to knee): 21 inch

Above ankle: 9.5 inches

Am I getting fatter? I feel stronger but I don't want to weigh to much.

I go 6 days a week,

Can go as the following:

Monday: Chest (225 10 rep x 5 sets Bench Press, Butterfly machine at 180 , Another bench like motion on a machine at 185/180)

30 Min on stairs at lvl 9

Tuesday: Arms/Shoulders ( Straight bar at 65 lbs, Tricep mahine where you push downward at 80 lbs, Shoulder machine where you push above your head at 150 lbs, straight bar going from waist to chin in a upward motion from a standing potion 10 x 5 set at 80lbs)

Wednesday: Core/back ( Core get on a bench that has been slanted to where you can hook ur feet and have ur partner at one end playing catch with you as you go up n down at 10lb ball going 10 x 5 set, Back mahine where you push with ur lower back (whole stack at 300+ lbs, another machine where you pull the handles to you while straight legged at 10 x 5 180 lbs, another machine where you to sit ups but with weight behind you pulling at 70 lbs)

Thursday: Legs (Push from sitting position 400 lbs 10 x 5, machine where you sit and leift legs at 180 lbs, machine where you sit and pull down 10 x 5 180 lbs)

Friday-sat repeat and monday we start off at w/e we didnt do.
    Last edited by jcraw; February 15th, 2011, 06:38 AM.

Re: Im afraid i may be gaining to much weight

My only suggestion would be to mix up your cardio and do more of it. It's good that you're doing some cardio with your weight lifting, but (in my opinion) you should increase it and change it up every once in awhile (stairs, running, bike, etc.) to lose some weight.

Comment

First thing is to calm down, stress add a lot to the body. What are you eating? Eat healthy and portion control, drink water and lots of it. Dont sweat the weight, you have your strength, its not all about power. Work on agility and endurance. Run/jog, play basketball or raquetball (my new fav). Something that keeps you moving for a good amount of time. Work on getting that fat off, meet the short term goal of getting in and into BCT. Lifting is great and I support it, but you need to get that percentage down. You burn more running than you do lifting. Get outside, go play!! Do some crossfit, just keep moving, along with the weight training. Make sure you are putting the right fuel and right amounts in you system. The Military isnt bodybuilding, its fitness. Once you get in, Body Build, but look at the 50m target, and thats getting in and meeting tape.

Comment

Yea would be fun to play some more sports, I did do basketball last week and kicked my *****. I am going to start riding my bike to the gym for now on too!

Comment

My question is with the measurements provided am I over weight?

wrist: 7 inches

Chest: 46 inches

Bicep: (relax: 15 Flexed : 16 inch)

Thigh (center from waist to knee): 21 inch

Above ankle: 9.5 inches

http://www.calculator.net/army-body-...=10.5&x=73&y=5

Says I'm 25%

http://www.the-master-runner.com/mil...alculator.html

Says I'm 25.3%

http://550cord.com/products/info.asp...ess-Calculator

at 235 lbs I'm at 25%

So am too fat to join?

Comment

Join www.weightwatchers.com; You'll drop 2.0/2.5 lbs a week (more if your exercising). Portion control and pick good food. Stop eating "junk or fast food". Cut back on your pop/soda intake. You can cut weight easily if you follow there program to the letter. Crash dieting will just bring it back. This is a lifestyle change and you really have to be discipline. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by jcraw View Post
              I am gaining weight since my recruiter taped me I was 26% @ 225 im not sure what I am now the calulators say 26% but there is no way these are my stats.

Disclaimer: I am neither a personal trainer nor am I a dietian or a doctor.

From my experience MEPS only measures the waist and neck. Also, from my experience of watching other guys get taped, guys 6 feet and under that had a 40 inch waist got DQ'd. From what I read of your regimen looks like you may need to incorporate dead lifting as well as "the bear" training, which is a combination of dead lifting, squats and military press. Those two exercises are great fat burners. You should also try getting your mile run time down to 8 minutes. Once you get your mile down to 8 minutes, then focus on doing the 2 mile in 14 minutes. Interval training is also an excellenet fat burner. Run flat out for bursts of 30 seconds then walk 30 seconds between bursts of speed. 30 minutes of interval training on Tuesdays and Thursdays is a good start. Supplement daily running (every third day) with the elliptical machine to burn even more fat as well as to allow your legs to heal in order to prevent shin splints.

For my diet I did this:

I Drank a glass of 100% Acai berry juice twice a day.
              Drank a glass of green machine by Naked Juice twice a day.
              Drank 8 glasses of water a day.
              Ate peanut butter crackers, raw almonds, steak, chicken and fish everyday (no carbohydrates).

The key is aborbing nutrients and vitamins and excreting the maximum amount of waste. This is how I went from 226lbs to 212 and on my way to 195.
              Last edited by VICEROY06; February 15th, 2011, 04:36 PM.

Comment

I have been eating mainly subway again and when i eat other stuff its straight up meat I dont eat fast food anymore have for 2 years and I hardly ever drink soda its always water soda has a bad after taste.

Comment

What does your "subway intake" look like? A foot long with cheese and heavy sauces can make calories/fat add up quick.. Also, a variance of diet is good as well!

Comment

True, Subway and be good and misleading. Skip the cheese, its bad and not enough to count towards taste anyways. Also, just get the 6in, the footlong is great, but the smaller is all you need. You are eating for energy not the full feeling. Skip the chips and get the apples. As for sauses, if you have to have Mayo, get just one pass of the lite mayo, try some of the fat free. The Sweet Onion isnt bad. You can eat decent at any fast food joint as long as you eat porportionate and use your head, and dont do it every day.

Comment

Originally posted by jcraw View Post
                      I have been eating mainly subway again and when i eat other stuff its straight up meat I dont eat fast food anymore have for 2 years and I hardly ever drink soda its always water soda has a bad after taste.
                      If you just gotta go to subway, then at least order your sandwich on wheat bread. Stay away from the condiments like the mustard, mayo, redwine vinegar (full of fat and salt), and pile on the turkey. Personally, I wouldn't go near Subway. If I just had to eat out I would go to a mediterranean restaurant. Also, I cannot stress too much the importance of eliminating waste from your system.

Staying cleansed and regular allows for maximum absorbtion of vitamins and nutrients as well as loss of fat. If I go somewhere like Applebee's or TGI Friday's I'll ask only for a slap of steak or grilled chicken--no bread, no veggies, no sides. But that's just me. I've actually gained weight (220lbs) recently but my waist size had decreased. A couple more days and I'll have to go from a size 38 belt back to a size 34. Next week I'm dropping all traditional bodybuilding movements and doing 100% cardio excercises.

Phantom is right about switching up your routine. Some days I'll do nothing but kettle ball training, some days nothing but biking, some days nothing but running. Try to incorporate as many excercises as you can into your routine that require you to use all four limbs at the same time. Youtube is stocked FULL of how-to routines.
                      Last edited by VICEROY06; February 16th, 2011, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X