X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another losing weight Thread :D

Hello all, ive been on here a bunch reading all the weight loss tips and I use several already, however im not seeing the pounds come off like i was hoping or planning for.

Currently waking up around 8 o'clock getting myself a cup of cereal and milk for breakfast most days, sometime ill have a 1 egg, 1 piece of sausage and a bun homemade breakfast sandwich. With a glass of OJ.
    Lunch is usually a small sandwich or some fruit.
    dinner i cook up a nice meal. chicken mashed potatoes corn etc.. or steak w/e... i eat a decent dinner but don't stuff my self full i do use portion control

I usually work out twice a day everyday except Sunday (coming off a cold i haven't worked out in a week). and with the holidays my local YMCA was packed so i skipped a week to let the traffic slow down :P
    My work outs are:
    Monday: Cardio- jogging/walking 2+ miles and getting on a bike machine and doing a high resistance of like 15+ for 5 miles or so, usually a solid 1.5 hour workout.
    Tuesday: upper body- just using lifting machines at my local YMCA
    Wednesday: more cardio same as Monday
    Thursday" upper body again.
    Friday: Cardio again
    Saturday: light upper body, more of a max rep day rather than max weight and usually a work out class hosted by our YMCA.
    Sunday: my day of rest. Maybe some push ups/sit ups at home.

So lets call it a 1.5 months of that I've only lost around 16lbs. My goal back in Nov. was to lose 60lbs by February, but i slacked a lot in Nov. and didn't hit the workouts hard till closer to Jan.

Do you think with what i have listed above would get me the 30-35lbs i need by the end of Feb if i go at it Full force like i have been for a while now? Is there something I should change or try differently? Any suggestions would be fantastic!

P.S-Oh and in my down time I play different types of games on my Computer or Console and when i die i make myself do push ups and sit ups just to say active in my down time.

Re: Another losing weight Thread

Originally posted by Bfelmlee View Post
    Hello all, ive been on here a bunch reading all the weight loss tips and I use several already, however im not seeing the pounds come off like i was hoping or planning for.

Currently waking up around 8 o'clock getting myself a cup of cereal and milk for breakfast most days, sometime ill have a 1 egg, 1 piece of sausage and a bun homemade breakfast sandwich. With a glass of OJ.
    Lunch is usually a small sandwich or some fruit.
    dinner i cook up a nice meal. chicken mashed potatoes corn etc.. or steak w/e... i eat a decent dinner but don't stuff my self full i do use portion control

I usually work out twice a day everyday except Sunday (coming off a cold i haven't worked out in a week). and with the holidays my local YMCA was packed so i skipped a week to let the traffic slow down :P
    My work outs are:
    Monday: Cardio- jogging/walking 2+ miles and getting on a bike machine and doing a high resistance of like 15+ for 5 miles or so, usually a solid 1.5 hour workout.
    Tuesday: upper body- just using lifting machines at my local YMCA
    Wednesday: more cardio same as Monday
    Thursday" upper body again.
    Friday: Cardio again
    Saturday: light upper body, more of a max rep day rather than max weight and usually a work out class hosted by our YMCA.
    Sunday: my day of rest. Maybe some push ups/sit ups at home.

So lets call it a 1.5 months of that I've only lost around 16lbs. My goal back in Nov. was to lose 60lbs by February, but i slacked a lot in Nov. and didn't hit the workouts hard till closer to Jan.

Do you think with what i have listed above would get me the 30-35lbs i need by the end of Feb if i go at it Full force like i have been for a while now? Is there something I should change or try differently? Any suggestions would be fantastic!

P.S-Oh and in my down time I play different types of games on my Computer or Console and when i die i make myself do push ups and sit ups just to say active in my down time.
    Cut out the corn and potatoes. Those are very high in carbs and sometimes sugar (depending how they are prepared). 60lbs goal from NOV to FEB is fast and can be dangerous. You workouts sound good but weight lifting can increase or maintain current weight due to muscle building. Try just doing a bit less of that and more aerobic and anaerobic workouts. Eat alot of fruits and vegetables. Bananas are high is sugars too don't eat them too much. Combine that with alot of water intake and you should be good to go. Also keep the workouts changing try different intensities and paces. If your body gets used to doing the same thing you won't see much more results.

Comment

Couple of things that jump out at me. Your goal of losing 60lbs in about 3mo? Not Reasonable, its doable, but not reasonable. Shoot for 35lbs as a good base. Next is your mental thinking. You skipped the gym because of people being at the gym? Ok, I can see that but thats not a excuse to not exercise. You can run outside, you can do Pushups, Pullups, Abs, Jump Rope, ruck and other athletic activities.. Outdoors and its free!!! This whole walking/jogging 2mi since November. Why havent you pushed yourself. In this time you should be jogging the whole 2mi and moved it to 3+ miles. You are stagnant like kswat mentioned. Same thing goes for that bike. If you want to succeed in anything in life, you have to challange yourself, mentally and physically. 2 miles this month? 3 miles the next month. Push yourself, you have a great start, now its time to push to the next level. Its great to have a routine, but listen to your body. Your mind will quit on you before your body will. Good Luck and just stick with it.

Comment

One thing that has helped me recently is Livestrong's Daily Plate (Google it). It allows you to track the food you eat and breaks down your calorie, fat, sugar, protein, everything you intake so you can see it right there. I also eat many smaller meals during the day instead of the usual 3 meals a day. Try it, eat a smaller breakfast then two or three hours later a healthy snack, then lunch, etc. Don't let yourself by unhealthy food and it won't be around the house to tempt you. And don't slack off on the workout front, you've already come this far, you owe it to yourself to make it the rest of the way!

Comment

this is testing to see if I can post again but yes; losing weight is no easy feat.

Comment

Working...
          X