X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Boots for OEF???

Question for anyone who has been to Afghanistan since multicam has started getting issued. Do you get issued new boots (hiking boot style) at mob for OEF? Most pictures I have seen where guys have multicam on, they are also wearing some black toed hiking boots, whereas the pics I've seen of guys in ACU's are still wearing the normal all tan boots.

Re: New Boots for OEF???

Originally posted by OklahomaCook View Post
    Question for anyone who has been to Afghanistan since multicam has started getting issued. Do you get issued new boots (hiking boot style) at mob for OEF? Most pictures I have seen where guys have multicam on, they are also wearing some black toed hiking boots, whereas the pics I've seen of guys in ACU's are still wearing the normal all tan boots.
    Yes, I saw the new boots in 2009. Go to this link and you can see the pics there. Your CIF should issue you them.

http://www.army.mil/-news/2010/03/02...ms-boots-gear/

Comment

The link I posted needs moderator approval. But yes, I saw the danner boot in Afghanistan in 2009 and yes; your CIF should issue them to you. I have attached the pic.

Comment

Those look cool. I do hope they are comfortable. But then again, I thought the hot weather boots I got at basic where comfy...course, I'd been wearing the exact type and make of boot for years prior.

Comment

Yeah I haven't heard anything about those boots yet. Too bad because I love my Blackhawks and I'm getting fitted for OEF gear in a few weeks here. So I'm doubting I can wear them over there.

Comment

I want to say they are the Danner Tactical Hikers.

Comment

They are an upgrade/variation of the Danner Talus GTX. The Danner Combat Hiker (also known as: Mountain Combat Boots) are made in the U.S. (unlike the Talus) and has been called "beefier" than the off-the-shelf Talus GTX.

I still luv my Chippewa Mountain Boots - and yes I still have my originals and they are still movin and shakin... (I should probably figure out what is living inside them that makes them move and shake...)

http://www.danner.com/dannerr-combat...ary-boots.html

I post this link only to provide info on the boot, not as a seller - if you are being deployed you will be issued the appropriate footwear. Do not think that you need to purchase these (or any for that matter) boots yourself at your own cost. Again, I put this link up only for info purposes regarding this particular boot.
              Last edited by LRSU_Dog; January 18th, 2011, 02:21 AM. Reason: To clarify why I placed this link that has the manufacturers description

Comment

We were issued the Danners before we deployed to Afghanistan. I thought they were extremely uncomfortable and hot. Really cramped in the toe box, so you might want to get a wider size if you get them issued to you. I also had a lot of pebbles and sand get down them, since the tops don't sit flush with your calf, they kind of puff out.

Comment

Working...
                X