X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent Eye-Pro

I've been looking around for some decent eye-pro to shoot with as well as for general use for deployment/field conditions. In my experience, the eye-pro such as the Revision, Wiley-X, and ESS eye-pro with the prescription inserts just doesn't do the job: the lenses fog up too quickly and easily, the lenses are very difficult to keep from getting scratched, and I generally feel like I can't see as well as opposed to wearing actual glasses/contacts. Does anyone have any good suggestions for eye-pro?

Re: Decent Eye-Pro

I qualified wearing my civilian glasses in the past, but with a deployment coming up I was looking around for something more official too. I'm going to try the ESS High Adrenaline CDI glasses with prescription inserts (smoke & clear). I should have the glasses within a week and the inserts in about two, so I'll post how I like them. Your best bet is probably to ask other soldiers who have been deployed what they used, what they like best, why, etc. Ask other people who wear glasses/contacts too.

As for keeping things from getting scratched, try to find cheaper glasses so it won't be so frustrating to replace them. That's what made me consider the removable lens system in the first place.

I know for diving if you spit in your goggles, wipe it around, then rinse it off you'll avoid fogging. You can also use "fake spit" if you don't like the idea of spitting in your eyewear. Google something like 'SCUBA mask defogger' and give that a try.

Comment

I have Oakley SI Ballistic M Frame 2.0s. They're on the pricer side of things ($90), but I've used them in the field many times. Never had any fogging problems but I do find they can be scratched easily. I'm thinking any eyepro can, especially the larger the lens. However the scratches hasn't affected my vision...they still seem clear to me and I plan on bringing them with me to Afghanistan this spring. The case they come in works pretty nice with my vest too...and protects the other lenses pretty well from dirt and abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Mom's Mistake View Post
        I have Oakley SI Ballistic M Frame 2.0s. They're on the pricer side of things ($90), but I've used them in the field many times. Never had any fogging problems but I do find they can be scratched easily. I'm thinking any eyepro can, especially the larger the lens. However the scratches hasn't affected my vision...they still seem clear to me and I plan on bringing them with me to Afghanistan this spring. The case they come in works pretty nice with my vest too...and protects the other lenses pretty well from dirt and abuse.
        Do the Oakley's come with presciption inserts?

Comment

Hey LoneStar, I've had my ESS CDI's with the prescription inserts for about a week now. I wear them as sunglasses while driving, took them out shooting yesterday, and even smashed my bag of hockey goalie gear (35+lbs) right on top of them on accident and they're still fine, completely scratch free and not bent. We're going to Roberts to qualify this year in April, so I'll post again about their durability/fogging/etc. after that.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStarSoldier View Post
            Do the Oakley's come with presciption inserts?
            No, but you can order prescription eyepro. https://secure.usstandardissue.com/Prescriptions.cfm

Comment

Working...
            X