• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pistols

DL-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol

Comment

but the M9 had a good price point and since I'm not a SEAL the M9 will be my standard sidearm after I get my commission
      In all of the units I've served in, only the commander is issued a pistol.

Lonestar, what is it you want out of a pistol?

Comment

In the majority of Conventional units that would appear the standard - that officers, especially the Commander are the sole personel who carry sidearms - but this is not the rule. Of course SOC units carry both a rifle and a sidearm with few exceptions, there are situations where NCOs fall into that category of dual carry, and over in the sandbox it can be a free for all based on who has how many weapons in thier unit to issue.
        Last edited by LRSU_Dog; June 25th, 2011, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LRSU_Dog View Post
          and over in the sandbox it can be afree for all based on who has how many weapons in thier unit to issue.
          it was almost half my unit that carried M9 over there. That being said, I wouldnt purchase an M9 soley on the fact that I may carry it while deployed.

Comment

S&W M&P 40 compact for conceal carry

Comment

I carry a SIG P220 as my duty weapon and love it. I have shot thousands of rounds through it and my previous 220 and have had almost NO issues with any kind of malfunction. I am also a SIG armorer and have seen them stripped down to bare bones. It is by far one of the best guns I have ever shot.

As a backup/off duty I carry a SIG P-232 (.380). There are definitely smaller and better ones out there.

Do spend some time shooting a rental or a buddies before making the plunge. See whats good for you and then pick. If you really are carring it concealed to protect your life or others, make sure you have the right tool for you, and know how to use it.

Comment

Lonestar

I can give you my little 2c. It comes down to what feels best to you. I dont want to hi jack your thread cause you have a topic that will generate a million of answers. For me I am Sig Fan, then Springfield next I have found they are the most reliable and don't lose performance after a long time. I have a Sig 220 .45 for my service weapon as a **** Tech and it is the POO!! straight out of box it is great, then when you tune it up alittle WoW!! I Have a P226.40 at home. I also am a Machine with the Springfield XD 4" .45 that is my HD gun. As for concealed carry I use a SIG P6 single stack 9mm with +P+ ammo. I personally hate Glock and Taurus. Smith & Wesson have a good piece with their M&P but I dont shoot them as well as Sig or Springs. Just like ranger mentioned If you have a Range close and a couple $ spend a morning and try out some of the Guns some of us mentioned and all the calibers, one type of round will feel totally different in one gun than another. I am a .45 guy dont like .40 too much find it a little snappy but that is my OP. Some people cant shoot 9mm but rip with .40, you just have to try it. Hope it helps. if you have any more ?'s you can PM me.

SGT. E

Comment

I own both a sprinfield xd-9 and fnp .45 and love both weapons.

Comment

Glock 19, S&W M&P45, and Sig P239 all present here. Had a great day at Range 14 (Fort Dix) yesterday.

I love the Glock 19. I love its ability to make follow-up shots a piece of cake. I did have a chance to shoot the Sig and it's noticably more accurate than the Glock 19 due to it's lighter trigger in single action mode.

Comment

Nice video, LT.

Comment

NGB has blocked the video from work computer. But to the original question, I have unloaded most of my firearms and the only two pistols I have now are a 1911 and a Sig 9mm. As with any weapons training, you have to practice or your skill level will go down. Keep your firearm clean and use it in a safe and responsible mannor.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                          NGB has blocked the video from work computer. But to the original question, I have unloaded most of my firearms and the only two pistols I have now are a 1911 and a Sig 9mm. As with any weapons training, you have to practice or your skill level will go down. Keep your firearm clean and use it in a safe and responsible mannor.
                          It was only my third time shooting pistol ever in the video!

Those are great choices! I think my next purchase is going to be a 1911 derivative but that won't be for a while. Unfortunately, good 1911s are also pricey, but that is not to discount the success people have had with lower priced 1911s either.

Like Phantom said, practice and maintain your equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                            So what I hear you saying is that you gave up "Cowboy Action Shooting!"

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
                              It was only my third time shooting pistol ever in the video!

Those are great choices! I think my next purchase is going to be a 1911 derivative but that won't be for a while. Unfortunately, good 1911s are also pricey, but that is not to discount the success people have had with lower priced 1911s either.

Like Phantom said, practice and maintain your equipment.
                              I did not know you were a woman

Comment

I have a Baretta px4 and love it. It shoots like a charm and fits like a glove. the barrel rotates which disperses recoil radially and delays it slightly. not the best for Conceal and Carry though, as the slide is very wide. also, it has a lever safety which for me was a must. I don't care for the glock safety's. hope this helps

Comment

Working...
                                X