X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sleeping bag compression sack

Anyone here tried to use a different compression sack for the sleeping bag system? I've heard some stories of soldiers using a aftermarket stuff sack for the bag, and it makes it more manageable in the ruck.... Anyone know about this?

Re: sleeping bag compression sack

Are we talking about the old single compression sack or the new one that has two compression sacks?

Comment

This one.

Comment

My bag only has one compression sack? I tried to post a pic of it, but the mods havent accepted the post yet? lol

http://stores.alleghenywholesale.com...sion_thumb.jpg

Comment

Use whatever you want, but when you go to turn it in, you better have the original or you are paying $345 for the ENTIRE thing, unless your Supply Sergeant has an extra.

Comment

Originally posted by Teuvil View Post
            Use whatever you want, but when you go to turn it in, you better have the original or you are paying $345 for the ENTIRE thing, unless your Supply Sergeant has an extra.
            I havent actually been issued a sleeping bag, I'm using my own, but I bought a new ECWS system off ebay a year ago. I'm still waiting for gear to arrive. We're just gettin ready to go on our AT for a foreign country, where its winter, and I wanna be able to maximize what I can fit into my Alice pack.

Comment

Originally posted by Fstbk272 View Post
              I havent actually been issued a sleeping bag, I'm using my own, but I bought a new ECWS system off ebay a year ago. I'm still waiting for gear to arrive. We're just gettin ready to go on our AT for a foreign country, where its winter, and I wanna be able to maximize what I can fit into my Alice pack.
              Have you checked with your leaders on using your own gear? Also, I remember a SSG getting yelled at because he used his personal items for inspection (after coming from the field) then his supply issue. Use and clean what you got.

I have slept in below zero cold when there was no more fuel for the pot belly. The sleep system with your cold weather gear (poly-pros and outer layers) will do the trick. Trust me. Where are you going in the cold in July? Argentina?

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                Have you checked with your leaders on using your own gear? Also, I remember a SSG getting yelled at because he used his personal items for inspection (after coming from the field) then his supply issue. Use and clean what you got.

I have slept in below zero cold when there was no more fuel for the pot belly. The sleep system with your cold weather gear (poly-pros and outer layers) will do the trick. Trust me. Where are you going in the cold in July? Argentina?
                Australia. Dunno what the weather is gonna be like down there...Dont wanna take just the light bag and need the heavy and/or both. And I can take my own stuff, my unit is aware, and I have to anyway, I have no issue. I'm waiting for my entire TA-50.

Comment

Originally posted by Fstbk272 View Post
                  Australia. Dunno what the weather is gonna be like down there...Dont wanna take just the light bag and need the heavy and/or both. And I can take my own stuff, my unit is aware, and I have to anyway, I have no issue. I'm waiting for my entire TA-50.
                  Envious!! I never had the privilege to go to a foreign country while in the Guard. Enjoy and it will be an experience to remember forever.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                    Envious!! I never had the privilege to go to a foreign country while in the Guard. Enjoy and it will be an experience to remember forever.
                    Yea seriously. I'm going to VA for my AT this year. Haven't gone farther than the few states in the area, and you get to go to Australia. D@mn this world! lol

Comment

VA, AP Hill...for the 4th time in a row.

Comment

I mostly went to Fort Dix but we had people go down to the border to help build the fences and if you spoke fluent spanish; you went to Cuba.

Comment

Originally posted by EOrsini View Post
                          Yea seriously. I'm going to VA for my AT this year. Haven't gone farther than the few states in the area, and you get to go to Australia. D@mn this world! lol
                          Sir, im estatic! so pumped to go.. We are allowed to take cameras, so I'll take pics and post em' up.

Comment

Please do. I'd love to see it

Comment

My platoon is going to Korea, but I'm on T-10 orders and can't make the trip.

Comment

Working...
                              X