X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mulitcam

hahaha well now I feel stupid. I had a feeling someone else mentioned it.

Comment

Originally posted by GodBlessUSA View Post
      hahaha well now I feel stupid. I had a feeling someone else mentioned it.
      No problem. BTW, God bless you, GodBlessUSA.

Comment

God bless you too and thank you for your service. Hopefully soon I Can say I'm apart of the worlds greatest Army.

Comment

Just had lunch with the ISAF CSM, CSM Capel and this topic came up. His answer, "Hope you didn't throw away your ACU's."

Comment

Originally posted by Marine2Guard View Post
            Just had lunch with the ISAF CSM, CSM Capel and this topic came up. His answer, "Hope you didn't throw away your ACU's."
            http://www.isaf.nato.int/about-isaf/...-r.-capel.html

I have a photo with him and the former 101st Division CSM Hill http://www.defense.gov/bios/biograph...iographyid=309 when we were at USAREUR (CSM Capel is there now) and they both pointing to my 101st patch due to the competition between the 101st and 82nd.

But I have to say this. A couple of big wigs told me we were going to remain with multicam when I returned and that was not the case. I know CSM Capel is up there but we do not know what the decision will be and there will be one shortly and yes; one option will not be to change the current uniform.

Who threw away their ACUs? lol
            Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; June 1st, 2013, 10:04 AM.

Comment

It will be disappointing if a selection is not made.

I do think they are a better solution but money is money but I will pay for the change.

http://www.hyperstealth.com/US4CES/index.html

Comment

I'm thinking with comments above about not throwing away our ACU's and the "fiscal cliff" approaching, Big Army may be thinking it would be irresponsible to change up on the pattern. Unless, of course, they are looking at something already in production, like Multicam.

My money is on Multicam or no change at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Emu View Post
                  I'm thinking with comments above about not throwing away our ACU's and the "fiscal cliff" approaching, Big Army may be thinking it would be irresponsible to change up on the pattern. Unless, of course, they are looking at something already in production, like Multicam.

My money is on Multicam or no change at all.
                  I agree that sequestration will probably have an impact but UCP or Multicam; the pattern is simply on the same cut of ACU. Changing it will not be a big deal. Matter of fact; one of the competitors goals was to create a uniform that will have little impact on cost. Meaning, the new uniform will cost much less to implement than what happened in what we are wearing now.

Nevertheless SFC, the suspense is killing me.

Comment

I hear ya, Chief!

I'll be in Multicam again in the Spring anyway - maybe they'll be changed over by the time I get back!

Comment

• Re: mulitcam

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                      This is the hot climate boots but I have the light temperate as well which are very comfortable.

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2011/1...boots-100811w/
                      We got issued the Belleville boots. The mid rise ones mentioned in that article. I'm not a fan but then again they didn't have the right size for me either, no wide widths. I'm going to stick to my Nike SFB's for now. Hell I will be in a vehicle for the majority of the deployment doing route clearance. Even when we do dismounted patrols I highly doubt I will need a good hiking boot. If I do then I will probably spend the coin on a good pair of Solomon boots.

Comment

Working...
                      X