• Show
Clear All

Re: mulitcam

^ Whats wrong with multi-cam?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
      ^ Whats wrong with multi-cam?
      I just prefer the digital pixelated patterns is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Reagan View Post
        I just prefer the digital pixelated patterns is all.
        I just read the new digital edition of Army Times and I found out that MARPAT is not proprietary and the DOD may have all services with one camo pattern. Also, that the Army's decision for the new pattern will be released regardless. Also, that our Chief likes the current ASU and will probably keep it as is.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
          the DOD may have all services with one camo pattern.
          Thank God. Every branch having a unique patern is dumb and expensive.

I really like MultiCam as I think it has its place in certain environments but for the entire package that the Army is looking for I think US4CES is the obvious choice.

Comment

Whatever pattern the Army chooses i hope they improve the durability of the uniform. I feel its difficult to maintain my uniforms downrange and feel like a Bag of Poo after 5 or 6 rotations of my uniforms because they are starting to fall apart on me already.

Comment

The multicam FRACU is a different material of the current ACUs since it is a treated uniform.

Comment

This an interesting thread, since it effects all soldiers, can't wait for the ACU uniform to be eliminated for obvious and already discussed reasons. Found this video link today on CNN that has a short interview with Guy Cramer (US4CES) and camouflage possibilities of the future.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c2#...technology.cnn

Comment

Originally posted by Antiarmor1 View Post
                  This an interesting thread, since it effects all soldiers, can't wait for the ACU uniform to be eliminated for obvious and already discussed reasons. Found this video link today on CNN that has a short interview with Guy Cramer (US4CES) and camouflage possibilities of the future.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c2#...technology.cnn
                  I am on post wearing Multicam for my reverse SRP (Demob) and all these new privates are looking at me like I am a movie star wearing it lol. When I stand next to the current ACU; Multicam makes it look like crap.

I have corresponded with Mr. Cramer on numerous occasions and I am really pulling for US4CES since it is best pattern in my opinion.

Comment

I agree. Based on what I see in pictures the US4CES patern is the best thing being offered. And thats not to say that Multicam is not good, its actually really great for Afghanistan. But like all camo paterns its good for certain environments and not all encompasing. The paterns that US4CES has for desert and woodland are far better then the DCU desert patern and the BDU woodland patern, which may or may not be what Multicam is offering in those environments. The OCI patern is also an outstanding patern that works really well with all the different paterns its paired with.

This past weekend I got to see all the Multicam gear we are getting issued at the end of the month for our deployment. I was surprised to see a medium rucksack with a frame. The boots suck though, so I won't be using them. Nike SFB FTW.

Comment

When you get to Astan, you will be issued different boots and they are awesome. I post a pic of them on here soon. Also, Guy Cramer just said on his Facebook page, the Army should announced the new pattern by Christmas.

Comment

This is the hot climate boots but I have the light temperate as well which are very comfortable.

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2011/1...boots-100811w/

Comment

When you get to Astan, you will be issued different boots and they are awesome.
                          Chief - welcome back to the world, Devil!

Are you talking about those medium rise Danners? I really never got the hang of those things. I only wore them when I wore cleats while we were on mission in snow and ice. Otherwise, meh...

Comment

I will check further but this is what I received

My e-mail made that SSD website

http://soldiersystems.net/tag/ads-inc/

Despite Reports to the Contrary the US Army Has NOT Chosen a New Camouflage

<small>Monday, November 5th, 2012</small>About a month ago, a deployed reader informed us that he had heard that the US Army had selected a new camouflage pattern. He sent us a simple, two page PPT that he has received via email and showed the pattern as well as a few made up dates for issue. Overall, it was a sophomoric attempt but he asked us to confirm his suspicions that it was untrue. After looking at it I had my doubts but in the offhand that it might have been a local distillation of an official announcement I sent it to the PAO at PEO Soldier. Their reply? It was an interesting fake. Remember, idle hands do the devilís work. Iíd say someone was bored and decided to pull a prank. It seems to have gotten out of hand. Iím not going to post the PPT or the alleged winner because the finalist was just as surprised to see it as PEO Soldier was. Since the initial incident Iíve had to field queries from the field numerous times, so Iím using this bully pulpit to help stem the flow of misinformation.
                            You may see this PPT floating around email, especially if deployed. Alternatively, it may have been printed out and posted on a unit bulletin board. Regardless of where you see it, it is untrue. If your chain of command sends it to you, politely request that they check with PEO Soldier.
                            The easiest way to tell itís a fake? When have you ever seen a Power Point presentation that was only 2 slides? And consider this, have you ever seen a PPT without the issuing unitís logo all over it?
                            Please remember, the US Army Camouflage Improvement Effort has downselected to four families of patterns from:
                            -ADS Inc as Prime, partnered with Guy Cramer
                            -Brookwood Companies
                            -Crye Precision
                            -Kryptek
                            As they continue to conduct research, I wouldnít expect any word on a selection for a month at least. Donít worry, if we hear anything tangible, weíll they you know. Until then, Keep Calm and Reload (the page).

Comment

I don't know if this has been stated yet but apparently they will more than likely be picking the new Pattern by Christmas, At least that is what Hyperstealth Said on a Facebook post is they expect it by Christmas. sorry if this has been stated before just thought I would share what I found. Here is the post.

Quinones LQ
                              Saw your video on CNN http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c2#...technology.cnn and I am hoping they decide on your CAMO shortly.
                              Like ∑ ∑ December 5 at 2:47pm near Colorado Springs, CO

HyperStealth Biotechnology Corp. We expect for them to make a decision before Christmas.
                              December 5 at 2:48pm ∑ Like
                              Quinones LQ Your selection will bring a great Christmas gift to us Soldiers.
                              December 5 at 4:43pm ∑ Like
                              Quinones LQ Fingers crossed! lol
                              December 5 at 4:43pm ∑ Like
                              Write a comment...

Comment

When you get to Astan, you will be issued different boots and they are awesome. I post a pic of them on here soon. Also, Guy Cramer just said on his Facebook page, the Army should announced the new pattern by Christmas.
                                I said it should be decided by Christmas in this post. Thanks for posting my comments on FB in this thread lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X