Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

mulitcam

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Re: mulitcam

    Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
    Moderators (Stevelord/Mr. Loki),

    Look at the post above mine and check to see if that poster is not spamming. This was what I saw before when I made that notification. Nobody report this until the mods respond to my post please.

    I've looked at the link, and it is a military relevant website, which is acceptable to share on this forum. It is not, however, endorsed by the National Guard as an official resource. As such, I would recommend readers always verify study material with their recruiter or visit the National Guard website for a complete list of the ASVAB subjects found on the test.

    Comment


    • #62
      Re: mulitcam

      Originally posted by RyCass View Post
      I've looked at the link, and it is a military relevant website, which is acceptable to share on this forum. It is not, however, endorsed by the National Guard as an official resource. As such, I would recommend readers always verify study material with their recruiter or visit the National Guard website for a complete list of the ASVAB subjects found on the test.
      I am not debating if the website is legit or not but that the poster (echo163) purpose is to spew that link. That ECHO163 is a spambot; not a real person writing his posts. Read all his posts and it looks spambotish at its best. They are not coherent and sometimes have no relevance to the thread topic. Yes, SPAMBOTs can construe sentences even though the post is fully automated.

      http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...archid=1136782

      I am an IT guru and work in IT security as well. Look at the below link to understand what I am trying to show you. Come on, read the response. What that has to do with the whole multicam/US4CES discussion?

      I hear it only selt units.




      _AD_10+yrs
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_spam
      Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; November 4th, 2012, 12:29 PM.

      Comment


      • #63
        Re: mulitcam

        I am an IT guru. Here is a link to explain the issue.

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_spam

        Forum spambots surf the web, looking for guestbooks, wikis, blogs, forums and any other web forms to submit spam links to. These spambots often use OCR technology to bypass CAPTCHAs present. Some spam messages are targeted towards readers and can involve techniques of target marketing or even phishing, making it hard to tell real posts from the bot generated ones. Not all of the spam posts are meant for the readers; some spam messages are simply hyperlinks intended to boost search engine ranking.
        Most forum spam consists of links to external sites, with the dual goals of increasing search engine visibility in highly competitive areas such as weight loss, pharmaceuticals,gambling, pornography, real estate or loans, and generating more traffic for these commercial websites. Some of these links contain code to track the spambot's identity if a sale goes through, when the spammer behind the spambot works on commission.
        Spam posts may contain anything from a single link, to dozens of links. Text content is minimal, usually innocuous and unrelated to the forum's topic, or in a very old thread that is revived by the spammer solely for the purpose of spamming links. Some text is included to prevent the post being caught by automated spam filters that prevent posts which consist solely of external links from being submitted. Full banner advertisements have also been reported.[by whom?]
        Alternatively, the spam links are posted in the user's signature, in which case the spambot will never post. The link sits quietly in the signature field, where it is more likely to be harvested by search engine spiders than discovered by forum administrators and moderators.
        Since November 2006, a very destructive forum and wiki spam attack has been propagated by inserting into comments redirect domains with an automated posting script likeXRumer. These domains redirect a user to pornographic websites. If a user clicks on the image or attempts to close the Website an ActiveX codec will be downloaded as a Zlob Trojan. The spambot can often bypass many of the safeguards administrators use to reduce the amount of spam posted.

        Comment


        • #64
          Re: mulitcam

          I initially thought it was a spammer, but the other posts don't quite convince me 100% if you look at ALL of them. Ironically, YOUR most recent posts with all the links was labeled as SPAM by the forum.

          Comment


          • #65
            Re: mulitcam

            Hate to get off the off-topic here, but are you a fan of these designs fmcityslicker?

            Comment


            • #66
              Re: mulitcam

              Out of all the submissions, I prefer US4CES.

              Comment


              • #67
                Re: mulitcam

                Apparently we're always shopping for new uniforms... The recent Army times talked about the camo pattern hunt, the search for a new PT uniform, and the front page article was about looking for options to replace the ASU (Army Dress Blues), which have barely debuted in the National Guard units....

                It's frustrating. Just pick something and stick with it.

                I did a lot of time in the "Black Boot Army".

                Comment


                • #68
                  Re: mulitcam

                  Originally posted by Sentinel36 View Post
                  Apparently we're always shopping for new uniforms... The recent Army times talked about the camo pattern hunt, the search for a new PT uniform, and the front page article was about looking for options to replace the ASU (Army Dress Blues), which have barely debuted in the National Guard units....

                  It's frustrating. Just pick something and stick with it.

                  I did a lot of time in the "Black Boot Army".
                  Look at the bright side. At least with the new PT uniform we get to vote for which new uniform the army is gonna make us buy.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Re: mulitcam

                    Originally posted by ack202 View Post
                    Look at the bright side. At least with the new PT uniform we get to vote for which new uniform the army is gonna make us buy.
                    Especially since you now have crossed over brother.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Re: mulitcam

                      Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                      Especially since you now have crossed over brother.
                      Ya I got lucky with the ASU and got issued it about a week before I went to WOCS. Thank god I got to cut that from the cost of all the other nonsense they make you buy there.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Re: mulitcam

                        A nice website for the old timers on here

                        http://www.combatreform.org/bdufixes.htm

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Re: mulitcam

                          Originally posted by Sentinel36 View Post
                          Apparently we're always shopping for new uniforms... The recent Army times talked about the camo pattern hunt, the search for a new PT uniform, and the front page article was about looking for options to replace the ASU (Army Dress Blues), which have barely debuted in the National Guard units....

                          It's frustrating. Just pick something and stick with it.

                          I did a lot of time in the "Black Boot Army".
                          Sir, I agree with you seriously about the PT uniform and blues. With the blues and PT uniform they can always make tweaks (SSIs for the blues or rank somehow on PT uniforms), but those are mostly fashion choices.

                          For the field uniforms, I think it's best to experiment and find something that is functional and appropriate for combat zones. Those will likely always be changing, but if it's for the purpose of better warfighting, I'm all for it.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Re: mulitcam

                            I was talking with a few Officers the other day who are still claiming the entire Army IS going with the Multicam, and that they've been mass producing them for the force for a while now.

                            I can't wait till we get an official decision so all these rumors can be put to rest.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Re: mulitcam

                              Originally posted by Reagan View Post
                              I was talking with a few Officers the other day who are still claiming the entire Army IS going with the Multicam, and that they've been mass producing them for the force for a while now.

                              I can't wait till we get an official decision so all these rumors can be put to rest.
                              Its possible since they were submitted in the final phase IV decision but they have not offered to show their submissions for woodland and desert. Again, the Army is not going to go with a one uniform solution for all environments which Multicam presently offers. If Multicam IS selected; it was because of cost and what you just mentioned in your post.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Re: mulitcam

                                Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                                Its possible since they were submitted in the final phase IV decision but they have not offered to show their submissions for woodland and desert. Again, the Army is not going to go with a one uniform solution for all environments which Multicam presently offers. If Multicam IS selected; it was because of cost and what you just mentioned in your post.
                                Ah I see. I guess the Army has finally realized there isn't a pattern that just "mixes in" with any environment they're in front of (hence the shortcomings of ACU).

                                I'm excited to see the selected patterns. The more I see multi-cam the less I like it

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X