Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
mulitcam Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: mulitcam

    Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
    The Army IS switching uniforms. I guess you have not been reading the news about the uniform selections and my link in the previous posts shows one of the submissions. Mostly likely it wont be multi-cam because the Army wants to now remove itself from a one-uniform solution for every terrain.

    But yes, multi-cam is the OCP that is only for soldiers in Afghanistan.
    Why not just take on the M90 Splinter or even the Navy Type II and Type III. Why waste all the money in a brand new pattern, risk it ending up like the ACUs, instead of taking already tried, tested, and fully functional patterns that are pre existing?

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: mulitcam

      Originally posted by FutureEngineer View Post
      Why not just take on the M90 Splinter or even the Navy Type II and Type III. Why waste all the money in a brand new pattern, risk it ending up like the ACUs, instead of taking already tried, tested, and fully functional patterns that are pre existing?
      I agree. Especially since the Navy adopted the AOR patters for their type II and III camo but the drawback is that you can only wear those downrange. The blue camo is their garrison uniform.

      MARPAT is proprietary and the Army is still playing games with the Marines on having the best camo. US4CES in my opinion, resembles MARPAT but has different blotches to its pattern plus having an unique pattern for OCIE that meshes with all three will be good. That will distinguish it from the solid coyote brown IOTV that Marines has which the distinguish game on the battlefield is what the Marines wanted in the first place. Its ludicrous because they get called soldiers in many downrange news articles anyway. They should just let the Army have the pattern and still use the UCP cut. It is that simple. They just pissed now because they cant no longer roll up their sleeves in the hot months similar to us.

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: mulitcam

        Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
        I agree. Especially since the Navy adopted the AOR patters for their type II and III camo but the drawback is that you can only wear those downrange. The blue camo is their garrison uniform.

        MARPAT is proprietary and the Army is still playing games with the Marines on having the best camo. US4CES in my opinion, resembles MARPAT but has different blotches to its pattern plus having an unique pattern for OCIE that meshes with all three will be good. That will distinguish it from the solid coyote brown IOTV that Marines has which the distinguish game on the battlefield is what the Marines wanted in the first place. Its ludicrous because they get called soldiers in many downrange news articles anyway. They should just let the Army have the pattern and still use the UCP cut. It is that simple. They just pissed now because they cant no longer roll up their sleeves in the hot months similar to us.
        Foreign militaries such as Belguim's Army uses MARPAT, they simply removed the EGA. MARPAT is heavily popular across European Army's, and several Mediteranean Armies. In several Afghanistan News Articles, Belguim Soldiers were called US Marines. What distinguishes them is the rifle, varient of MOLLE, and their backpacks. But in several news articles were called Marines by the US Media. Blue Pattern you usually see from the Navy, is garrison and ship pattern. SEABEEs, and Master at Arms that are land based, will typically be found with Type II and Type III Camo based on the terrain they are operating in.

        As seen on this SEABEE from his facebook:

        It's an excellent pattern for sure. Makes no sense on why branches of the military even want different uniforms, when that in and of itself allows enemy combatants to distinguish targets.

        If you want ot talk about PERSEC, OPSEC, blah blah blah, when enemy combatants can identify the branch that a convoy belongs to, don't you think they would rather engage a convoy operated by Airmen or Sailors, rather than convoys operated by the Army or Marines?

        Marines have re****tions, just like how you get some 14 year old kid in high school who thinks a standard Marine is the equiv to an Army Ranger, that kind of "propaganda" is found across the world. Which would make them more hesitant attacking a convoy if they think they are Marines, vs how they would be to attack a convoy ran by the Airmen in the Air Force. Same principals behind why many European Army's, even many African Army's, all use the same camo patterns across the board. For over a century the US Army, Navy, and Marine Corps and Air Force, all wore the same BDUs, DCUs, etc. Even the same green pick suits.
        Last edited by FutureEngineer; May 22nd, 2012, 03:17 PM.

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: mulitcam

          If we change our uniform enough, the enemy will never recognize us. The confusion alone will make them surrender.

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: mulitcam

            Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
            If we change our uniform enough, the enemy will never recognize us. The confusion alone will make them surrender.
            LOL!

            Why did they ever want to even get rid of the BDU? Is the new uniform coming out getting rid of the velcro?

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: mulitcam

              Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
              They just pissed now because they cant no longer roll up their sleeves in the hot months similar to us.
              And p****d they'll be for years and years until a new Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps or Commandant changes it.

              fmcityslicker - remember when they were changing t-shirts from crew neck to v neck? It was a million years ago.


              I saw the new Navy uniform in the PX the other day. It's almost hard on the eyes, especially after seeing multicam for so long.
              Last edited by B.Wood; May 23rd, 2012, 09:22 AM. Reason: typo

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: mulitcam

                Originally posted by Wobbly Emu View Post
                And p****d they'll be for years and years until a new Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps or Commandant changes it.

                fmcityslicker - remember when they were changing t-shirts from crew neck to v neck? It was a million years ago.


                I saw the new Navy uniform in the PX the other day. It's almost hard on the eyes, especially after seeing multicam for so long.
                Devil Dog, hope all is well with you.

                I was in when they just abolished the rank on the cover and left when they started to change the t-shirts to the old brown, Army style ones. It did happen for a while and the next Commandant nixed that and returned everyone to the green t-shirt. Actually, I wear the foliage green t-shirt most of the time since I am moving daily by bird. It looks better with multi-cam
                Last edited by B.Wood; May 23rd, 2012, 09:23 AM.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: mulitcam

                  Seems like Multi-Cam may be the winner

                  http://www.stripes.com/news/army/the...flage-1.182240
                  Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; July 6th, 2012, 05:16 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: mulitcam

                    I like Multicam, and all that, but they have the same problem that the ACU's had. They would tear, and get ruined.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: mulitcam

                      Well it is the flame resistant version and that uniform is like paper mache.

                      Anyway, the article I posted was retracted and proven false. The US Army HAS NOT made a decision about future camo. The last link shows that actual timeline. Should be submitted to Army leaders by this month and hopefully a decision by next.

                      http://www.hyperstealth.com/pixel-camo-is-effective/index.html

                      http://soldiersystems.net/2010/12/14...-solicitation/




                      Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; August 3rd, 2012, 01:56 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: mulitcam

                        UCP items aren't going anywhere. They are here to stay, so we should just get used to it. Multicam isn't even the proper Army designation, it's OEF pattern. That's because it is theater specific to Afghanistan only. We have to much invested into UCP gear and uniforms to change now

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: mulitcam

                          Originally posted by FutureScout93 View Post
                          UCP items aren't going anywhere. They are here to stay, so we should just get used to it. Multicam isn't even the proper Army designation, it's OEF pattern. That's because it is theater specific to Afghanistan only. We have to much invested into UCP gear and uniforms to change now
                          Change is coming in November and I am not talking about the election. The Army is changing its pattern. It is spending a lot of money for this testing and the only real reason IF UCP will remain will be due to money. Nothing else.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: mulitcam

                            Oh its going to be great fun learning an entirely new language again....UCP???

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: mulitcam

                              Originally posted by FutureScout93 View Post
                              UCP items aren't going anywhere. They are here to stay, so we should just get used to it. Multicam isn't even the proper Army designation, it's OEF pattern. That's because it is theater specific to Afghanistan only. We have to much invested into UCP gear and uniforms to change now
                              Please...tell us more from your vast experiences in the military

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: mulitcam

                                http://kitup.military.com/2012/10/ga...lls-short.html

                                Good article

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X