Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mulitcam

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
    Agreed...many of the other post have been pushing it, but this one just sends it over the top!
    Did I do something wrong? I was simply asking a question...

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
    I am not sure whether to believe you or believe that you're trolling multiple threads a day trying to tie them to engineers or plumbers.........
    So far in my studies of Army Engineers, they tend to get shafted as far as gear and equipment goes. I've even found articles noting Active Duty Engineers using Vietnam Era Machinery in Iraq, and the article was dated for 2009, and articles of Engineers getting the green digital uniforms you get back in 2008, when they were released to the Army as a whole in 2003. That is why I was asking to clarify.

Also, on the army.mil website going through army times articles for army engineers, there are images supposedly dated for 2010 of an Engineering Bridge Company doing a training excorsize with some European countries military, and they are all wearing the forest camoflauge the Army and Marines used back in the 1980s. photos and article were dated for June of 2010.
    Last edited by FutureEngineer; November 21st, 2011, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Fuengineer, you are asking detailed questions that will stump an Army Corps of Engineer officer so just realize it's not that complicated for a lower enlisted troop. My six years as a combat engineer in the guard, we mostly hanged in the platoon cage and BSed and clean equipment and conduct CTT training. We built land navigation courses, deployed MICLICs at Fort Dix and played with Bangalore torpedoes. From E1 to E4 you do what you told and E5/E6 you do the same and lead troops and get your hands dirty as well. Nothing hard about the job except physical labor and that is about it.

Comment

We should have:

ASU
        General service uniform (Think when soldiers came home from WWII)
        Utility uniform (Administrative work = Service uniform, Field work = Utility Uniform)
        Combat uniform (depending on environment/season (like the Marines)

Still not as many as the Navy.

Comment

Most all of the units I've seen here in RC East have multicams. Even the aviation guys have a multicam pattern, but the style is a bit different.

The AD Engineer guys have MC's. One Guard company is still wearing ACU's, but it's due to the fact they went through a different MOB station that said they didn't get to wear them. Still haven't found out where that is.

I'm in an ADT and went through Camp Atterbury and got them.

In my mind, it's not a big deal - you have to turn in all this stuff when you get back to the states....

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Emu View Post
            Most all of the units I've seen here in RC East have multicams. Even the aviation guys have a multicam pattern, but the style is a bit different.

The AD Engineer guys have MC's. One Guard company is still wearing ACU's, but it's due to the fact they went through a different MOB station that said they didn't get to wear them. Still haven't found out where that is.

I'm in an ADT and went through Camp Atterbury and got them.

In my mind, it's not a big deal - you have to turn in all this stuff when you get back to the states....
            Actually, no you don't. Uniforms dont get turned in. Just your gear.

Comment

The multicam uniforms are being turned in either in country or at the mob station for sure.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you keep at least one uniform when you return back to your home station.

Comment

You keep your ACUs

Comment

From what we've been told, we have to turn in all Multicam items when we return stateside. The equipment gets returned at Demob Station, then the uniforms get returned at your home state's CIF.

I've seen the same with Multicam use in RC-E.

Comment

I just saw a webpage on one of the competitors for the new ACU. Who likes this pattern?

http://www.adsinc.com/solutions/clot...-us4ces-alpha/

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                        I just saw a webpage on one of the competitors for the new ACU. Who likes this pattern?

Those are some good looking patterns, looks better than today's ACU's at least

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post

Looks sharp. I like it.

Comment

I know that recruiters are notorious for giving out misinformation, but mine told me that the ARNG is definitely making the switch to multicam and that I may have it issued to me at basic in September. Anyone else heard this?

Comment

Originally posted by sv9cannon View Post
                              I know that recruiters are notorious for giving out misinformation, but mine told me that the ARNG is definitely making the switch to multicam and that I may have it issued to me at basic in September. Anyone else heard this?
                              That's a negative. With the budget cuts, the last thing the Army is going to do is switch uniforms. Only those deploying to Afghanistan get to wear them.

Comment

Originally posted by bigtex View Post
                                That's a negative. With the budget cuts, the last thing the Army is going to do is switch uniforms. Only those deploying to Afghanistan get to wear them.
                                The Army IS switching uniforms. I guess you have not been reading the news about the uniform selections and my link in the previous posts shows one of the submissions. Mostly likely it wont be multi-cam because the Army wants to now remove itself from a one-uniform solution for every terrain.

But yes, multi-cam is the OCP that is only for soldiers in Afghanistan.

Comment

Working...
                                X