X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mulitcam

saw pictures of this with the big red one. i guess the army is in the process of switching?

Re: mulitcam

I don't think so. The multicam is being utilized specifically in Afghanistan. It camoflauges better and the issued boots are for mountain type terrains.
    Last edited by MichaelPC; April 22nd, 2011, 05:21 PM.

Comment

MultiCam has been used in Afghanistan for like.......the last year?

Comment

lol, We are actually switching to Pink ACUs... they are mandatory by 2222. Have you seen them?

Comment

I did hear that sir. I also hear that the new PT uniform is going to be flip flopps and M40 pro-masks, and thats it.

Multicam has been used in afghanistan for a little more than a year by select units. I think they started issuing it to all the soldiers deploying there about a year ago. The Army is going to get rid of the ACU's and the Multicam is a definate front runner. The talk right now is that we would actually get 3 uniforms. One trasitional (multicam most likely) that blends in with most environments. All our gear would be in this pattern. An updated desert and an updated woodland/jungle that would be issued to you if you deploy to an area that requires one of those particular patterns. I think this is a great idea. Personally, I loved the DCU's and I think that they are the best desert camo pattern available save for the desert MARPAT. The BDU's are great as well but could benefit from dropping the black in the pattern and replace it with dark earth brown.

Comment

Interesting. Do you think the army will adopt the marine patterns for the jungle and desert uniforms or create a new pattern?

Nevermind. The answers are in this army times article: http://www.armytimes.com/news/2010/1...-army-122810w/
            Last edited by MichaelPC; April 22nd, 2011, 11:31 PM.

Comment

I remember when I was in Afghanistan last year and they were testing with ACU delta. At least UCP is coming to an end and that is a good thing. Hopefully the new Army COS and SMA will realize the errs of the past and make some good drastic changes.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelPC View Post
                Interesting. Do you think the army will adopt the marine patterns for the jungle and desert uniforms or create a new pattern?

Nevermind. The answers are in this army times article: http://www.armytimes.com/news/2010/1...-army-122810w/
                I really like the AOR 1 and AOR 2. It's frustrating that the Marine's don't want to share their camo pattern because they want to distinguish themselves from the other branches. The desert MARPAT is an excellent desert pattern. I thought we were all on the same team...........

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                I remember when I was in Afghanistan last year and they were testing with ACU delta. At least UCP is coming to an end and that is a good thing. Hopefully the new Army COS and SMA will realize the errs of the past and make some good drastic changes.
                +1. Hopefully this time our safety and effectiveness will be front and center instead of pulling favors for friends to get rich. The ACU delta looks like someone pooped on the ACU.

Comment

Here at JBLM alot of the Company/batts. that have got back in the last six months are going to Mulitcam gear but not uniforms. Rucks, 3 day packs and so forth.

Comment

Even with Multicams, there's room for improvements. The whole uniform holds in heat better than ACUs. The material is thicker it seems which is great in the cool air, but ***** with the sun beating down on you. Plus they have that anti-bug **** on them so they smell funny...until you wash them, and the colors fade fast. The velcro still *****, although I'm glad the cargo pockets are buttoned. And who can complain about the camo pattern? I mean really...it's like woodland pattern but better for eastern Afghanistan's mountainous green areas.

Comment

From what I've read on military sites, the Army is switching........

They've been issuing it to troops in A-stan since 07 and SF have used it there since 2002.

But they are switching. My friend is with 1st Cav. (i think) and they are stationed here and wear it

Comment

Do Army Engineers get the Multicam too?

Comment

Currently, if the unit deploys to Afghanistan, they supposed to get multicam issued. I get issued mine next month.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureEngineer View Post
                            Do Army Engineers get the Multicam too?
                            I am not sure whether to believe you or believe that you're trolling multiple threads a day trying to tie them to engineers or plumbers.........

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
                              I am not sure whether to believe you or believe that you're trolling multiple threads a day trying to tie them to engineers or plumbers.........
                              Agreed...many of the other post have been pushing it, but this one just sends it over the top!

Comment

Working...
                              X