Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you completed BCT &/ AIT at Ft. Leonard Wood...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you completed BCT &/ AIT at Ft. Leonard Wood...

What was it like? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Share your experiences here...I'd like to see what others think about the training there...

Thanks

Re: If you completed BCT &/ AIT at Ft. Leonard Wood...

I too would love to know what it is like there.

Comment

I went to AIT there back in 09 around november, be sure to keep your snivel gear with you at all times.

Comment

I was there between July 10 and Nov 10 for 12B OSUT. Summer was hot and humid (95 with 95% humidity). Fall was hot and cold. there was a day during our last FTX that it was around 25 in the morning and upper 70s in the after noon makes dressing appropriately impossible. Reception is not fun, but it is over quick and you will quickly forget all about it when you have a DS in your face. The PX was nice but i was only there twice. My company didn't believe in passes so we never got time to go, but apparently other company's were able to go. From conversations I've had with other people the training is essentially the same, But every PLT is different. From what I saw Combat Engineers and MPs got m4s and 88m got m16s. in my company some PLTs got there cell phones every other weekend, some got theirs if the executed the mission well, we got to use the pay phone twice for 15 minutes. If you would like to know anything more specific feel free to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Jgradu View Post
          I was there between July 10 and Nov 10 for 12B OSUT. Summer was hot and humid (95 with 95% humidity). Fall was hot and cold. there was a day during our last FTX that it was around 25 in the morning and upper 70s in the after noon makes dressing appropriately impossible. Reception is not fun, but it is over quick and you will quickly forget all about it when you have a DS in your face.
          Where did you guys sleep at reception. And how many times do you guys go into the field while at bct.

Comment

Just graduated there this past Jan 2012. 31B.
            What do you want to know?

Comment

Originally posted by alerado View Post
              Where did you guys sleep at reception.
              In line for chow, in line for clothes, in line for boots, in line for paperwork, in line for med processing, in line for the PX.

Originally posted by alerado View Post
              And how many times do you guys go into the field while at bct.
              3 FTXs, but you go to the field for the day way more often than that.

Comment

Graduated from FLW last year. It's difficult to compare it since it was the only BCT I've attended, but talking with other people generally gave me the following impression.

Go to Fort Benning if you want the Hollywood BCT experience; everyone who went through there said it was tough.

Go to Fort Jackson if you want to take advantage of the kinder, nicer Army; they got their cell phones on the weekends.

If you're going to FLW, it's like the worst of both worlds. It isn't as tough as Benning (which *****, since you have nothing to brag about later) and it isn't as amusing as Jackson. So there you have it.
                Last edited by Hunter; April 5th, 2012, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Graduated BCT Nov 2011 / Ait Jan 2012 both at FLW. The worst part about FLW is the weather.. It could be 20 in the morning and 80 in the afternoon. Each day is different. Pretty much we went through the same deal as everyone else.. Reception, shark attack, grendades, rifle qualifications, FTX, all the PT, gas chamber, etc. It ****** but at the same time it was awesome. Knowing that if you can make it through this, you can conquer any challenge that comes your way.

Comment

Working...
                  X