Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCT Complete; Learnings and Reflections - Ft. Leonard Wood, MO

Hi All,

My intent here is to create a somewhat-detailed account of my experience this past cycle of RCBN and BCT at FLW, additions will be made as time allows but I hope to have the thread complete by the end of the week this week (as long as my internet cooperates).

WEAR;
    Jeans, Running Shoes, T-Shirt / Sweatshirt, UNDERWEAR, glasses if you have them, wallet with ID, debit card, and $50 in cash (small bills).

PACKING LIST (what you SHOULD bring);
    Toothbrush / Toothpaste
    Razor / Shave Cream
    1 Pr Underwear
    1 Pr Socks
    2 Padlocks w/ Key (You can't open a combo lock in the dark)
    Q-Tips (Godsend cleaning your weapon)
    Digital Watch
    Copies of all Docs + SHIPPERS PACKET FROM MEPS

MEPS;
    Trans to MEPS, med check (thankfully no 'underwear olympics' again!) was smooth, travel arrangements made with little / no difficulty, you'll end up with plenty of downtime to get all worked up nd nervous (or excited) talking to folks who are shipping to various training stations. I was one of a select few going to FLW though, most were off to Bening or Jackson.

TRAVEL;
    Flights were timely and we spent a minimal amount of time between airlines / airports. Our last stop was St. louis where we were able to 'relax' in the USO in the airport, some folks milled aorund, others watched the TV, I tried to get a bit of sleep as I knew it'd be a long night ahead. We were lined up and put on a bus around 2330 and arrived at FLW sometime after 0200 (if you can do it, do NOT get a seat next to the latrine on the bus, it's smelly and everytime someone goes in they slam the door so you can't get any sleep - stay toward the middle of the pack when the bus is loading).
    Last edited by alphamikefoxtrot; August 5th, 2011, 08:43 AM.
Working...
X