Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graduating from OSUT two weeks early...

I had a conversation with my recruiter about to going to FLW a couple weeks ago to be an MP. I leave in about a month for OSUT. He told me I will come home for two weeks for Christmas, then return to FLW for two weeks, then graduate. My recruiter told me the he has heard, depending on the cadre, sometimes they will squeeze everything in before Christmas and we could possibly graduate before Christmas and just be done.

Has anyone ever heard of this before or is it just bs? Just curious...

Re: Graduating from OSUT two weeks early...

I know one soldier in my unit did this but she said it was very long days in AIT.BTW for 31B they are very long to begin with lol

Comment

I do not think the cadre takes those types of liberties. It is a call from higher depending on the training cycle. BCT was increased by two weeks to meet new requirements so I do not know what will be omitted to shorten it.

Comment

How many weeks is it now? I thought it was 20?

Comment

Hey this is kinda an old thread, but I am scheduled to go to airborne the first week of december, which would put me right at that two week exodus, making my last week be the first week in January, would trying to graduate early be a thing?

Comment

Yes, it could happen.
            I went to MP OSUT Aug-Dec 2011. We were supposed to go on exodus and come back for ONE week, but they cut out some training and squeezed some stuff in and got us out before exodus. The cadre do decide, it just has to be approved. You will probably know when you first get there if this will be the case.

Comment

Working...
            X