Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showers..

Question.

Are the Showers at FLW Separated/Private() are or they Open for numerous soilders all at once()

Re: Showers..

I do not know how it is with the new barracks but when I was there; they were community showers. (the old WWII and red building barracks).

Comment

It depends on what company you're with (and what barracks you'll be in). The showers at the 43rd reception are open for multiple people at once.

Comment

Even if your BCT site has solo showers, you will go somewhere that doesn't, so get used to it now lol. Privacy is gone when you sign on the dotted line

Comment

Understood. Thanks for the replies guys.

Comment

Our first day of actual basic training (not reception) the DSs turned on all the showers alternating between all the way hot and all the way cold. then they had us line up naked with a bar of soap in one hand a shampoo in the other and run through them. after that for two or three days it didn't matter how many people you were with as long as you got a real shower

Comment

I dont think you're really going to be caring much about the shower as you really only get a few minutes for it anyway. It's not like you are going to be pulling 20 minute relaxing hot showers. In the mornings you will pretty much have like 15 minutes to shower, shave, get dressed, make your bed and sweep the floor. After a couple of weeks you will figure out ways to make things easier. IE don't sleep under your sheets and wear your PT uniform to sleep. When I was in, we were not permitted to shower at night, but some guys would sneak them. Don't worry so much about the myths and what ifs. Life at that time is so controlled and so crazy, the little things in life you take for granted (like showers) mean nothing after a couple of days. The DS will have you worried about getting past the phases and the what's going to happen if you make them look a fool.

Comment

Don't be that guy that refuses to shower! You'll get one and won't like it. We had a guy in my platoon like this and well he got one. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by kswat07 View Post
                  Don't be that guy that refuses to shower! You'll get one and won't like it. We had a guy in my platoon like this and well he got one. Lol
                  hahahaha, I can only imagine how that must've went, too funny, I am really looking forward to BCT and dreading it at the same time, but like all things you just have to roll with the punches.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilianNYC View Post
                    Understood. Thanks for the replies guys.
                    Were you hoping for a tub bath?

Comment

Our own bits and pieces are more important to us than to others. This won't be your greatest challenge once you arrive at Basic.

Comment

haha, they'er community but dont' worry it's not like you wash each others backs. shower drills were interesting tho, all showers on cold and 2 minutes for 38 of us to be cleaned...followed by the front leaning rest
                        E Co 3-10 Inf Spartans BOOM

Comment

Just stick to "the bro code" and you'll be fine. If a towel drops to the floor, so should all eyes.

Comment

After the repeal of the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy, all showers in the military went full community and coed. It's a new colorful Army and you're just gonna have to deal with it! Thery're all similar to the showers on the movie Starship Troopers now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike2K View Post
                              After the repeal of the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy, all showers in the military went full community and coed. It's a new colorful Army and you're just gonna have to deal with it! Thery're all similar to the showers on the movie Starship Troopers now.
                              Really? Stop acting like a private.

OP, the few places that still use open showers usually means nobody has time top stop and look at your junk.

On the postive note, open showers means less you have to clean.

Comment

Working...
                              X