X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youtube Cell Phone Footage????????

How come i keep seeing these video's posted from folks at BCT on youtube in there barracks etc. And most are Cell phone video's. I thought cell phones weren't allowed?
    Last edited by CivilianNYC; April 12th, 2011, 05:40 PM.

Re: Youtube Cell Phone Footage????????

POGs in AIT

Ahem.. I mean. Uh, nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by NJ732 View Post
      POGs in AIT

Ahem.. I mean. Uh, nothing.
      I'm not going to go on my POG rant again. But I'm whoosah-ing as we speak. lol

Comment

"POG" excuse me for not knowing what that is. Please enlighten me i'm still an E2

Comment

I think it means a non-combat soldier like opposite of a grunt. I could be wrong.

Comment

Person other than grunt.

Comment

Posted On Garrison

Comment

Piece Of Garbage or POAG, Piece Of Army Garbage

Its just a joke though. OP, the videos you see are most likely taken in AIT, the training that comes after Basic.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilianNYC View Post
                  How come i keep seeing these video's posted from folks at BCT on youtube in there barracks etc. And most are Cell phone video's. I thought cell phones weren't allowed?
                  Cellphones, laptops, camera's, camcorders, etc. are all permitted in BCT. Even 11B OSUT at Ft. Benning you're allowed to video tape stuff you are doing. Even photograph what you're doing.

In AITs, even HUMINT Soldiers can tape "Mock Interrogations" with their cellphones, etc.

Even the USMC allows Marines to use cellphones, etc. during their MCRD, and through SOI/MCT and into their MOS Training Program.

It's not the military your Grandfather served in when they used to beat you with a baton in basic. TRADOC is TRADOC as a lot of Soldiers keep telling me. Brothers of mine who've gone to Ft. Jackson, Leonard Wood, Benning, even back in the days of Ft. Knox and Ft. Sill, all within the last year to year and a half, they have all been allowed to have their cellphones at the least. Even during FTXs. Almost everything in TRADOC is videotaped and distributed world wide. Even for the USMC, it's how I learned about the "Medal of Honor Run" United States Marine Corps Assaultmen are trained to perform. Was because a Grunt in the Czech Army who came across it sent it to me telling me I"d find it interesting. (Which I did)

Same deal how I came across footage of mock interrogations conducted at Ft. Huachuca filmed back in autumn 2011, was because a Russian brother (all members of my Covenent) and a Danish brother sent the videos to me back when I was in Job Corps. (Scary ****, but absolutely amazing).

Don't be surprised if people are recording their "Reception" because I can tell you, of all the footage and video I've come across, and have had sent to me of US Military Training, Soldiers and Marines in militaries across the world are coming across videos all the time. Even on their own versions of "youtube" because it's TRADOC. It's why my brothers in the US Military always explain the "real training" happens when you get to your unit. TRADOC is just so you have at least an idea of what you "may" be doing when you get to your unit.

TBH, of all my friends even form HS, every one of them have photos and videos of their time from Boot Camp from <insert branch of the military here> to their technical/trade/AIT school/"A" School. The US Military is quite laxed compared to other Militaries in regards to the recording of TRADOC events. If you youtube "Robin Sage" you can watch SF Candidates and an Australian Commando perform FID in a training exorsize before earning (except for the Australian, he just goes back to his country) their SF Tab.

You shouldn't be surprised at all.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureEngineer View Post
                    Cellphones, laptops, camera's, camcorders, etc. are all permitted in BCT. Even 11B OSUT at Ft. Benning you're allowed to video tape stuff you are doing. Even photograph what you're doing.

In AITs, even HUMINT Soldiers can tape "Mock Interrogations" with their cellphones, etc.

Even the USMC allows Marines to use cellphones, etc. during their MCRD, and through SOI/MCT and into their MOS Training Program.

It's not the military your Grandfather served in when they used to beat you with a baton in basic. TRADOC is TRADOC as a lot of Soldiers keep telling me. Brothers of mine who've gone to Ft. Jackson, Leonard Wood, Benning, even back in the days of Ft. Knox and Ft. Sill, all within the last year to year and a half, they have all been allowed to have their cellphones at the least. Even during FTXs. Almost everything in TRADOC is videotaped and distributed world wide. Even for the USMC, it's how I learned about the "Medal of Honor Run" United States Marine Corps Assaultmen are trained to perform. Was because a Grunt in the Czech Army who came across it sent it to me telling me I"d find it interesting. (Which I did)

Same deal how I came across footage of mock interrogations conducted at Ft. Huachuca filmed back in autumn 2011, was because a Russian brother (all members of my Covenent) and a Danish brother sent the videos to me back when I was in Job Corps. (Scary ****, but absolutely amazing).

Don't be surprised if people are recording their "Reception" because I can tell you, of all the footage and video I've come across, and have had sent to me of US Military Training, Soldiers and Marines in militaries across the world are coming across videos all the time. Even on their own versions of "youtube" because it's TRADOC. It's why my brothers in the US Military always explain the "real training" happens when you get to your unit. TRADOC is just so you have at least an idea of what you "may" be doing when you get to your unit.

TBH, of all my friends even form HS, every one of them have photos and videos of their time from Boot Camp from <insert branch of the military here> to their technical/trade/AIT school/"A" School. The US Military is quite laxed compared to other Militaries in regards to the recording of TRADOC events. If you youtube "Robin Sage" you can watch SF Candidates and an Australian Commando perform FID in a training exorsize before earning (except for the Australian, he just goes back to his country) their SF Tab.

You shouldn't be surprised at all.
                    For the record, this was not my experience at all. Are you saying you had cellphones, laptops, cameras, camcorders at your BCT and AIT?

Comment

FutureEngineer.....you are responding to a thread from April of LAST year; I'm sure the OP has his answer by now.

Attention to Detail.

I cannot tell by your profile or your previous posts if you have are enlisted or have even been to BCT/AIT; you reference "soldiers keep telling me", "brothers of mine who have gone" and "footage I have found", "all my friends who have footage of Boot Camp (which is for the Marines BTW)....do you have any actual experience with regards to the information you're giving the OP?
                      Last edited by Chris36; April 5th, 2012, 09:30 PM.

Comment

He's boning me on another thread I had about promotions. Do I smell a troll...?

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter View Post
                          He's boning me on another thread I had about promotions. Do I smell a troll...?
                          Looking back on past posts, he/she seems to comment on everything (educational benefits, pay, MOS's, cells and videos at BCT?) but with no basis for the advice; another was "the only reason because I know is because one of my brothers, blah, blah...."

Comment

I think I will just **** this....

>>click<<

Comment

Working...
                            X