Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
FLW cell phones/computers/privledges Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: FLW cell phones/computers/privledges

    OSUT with TVs and Xboxes?

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: FLW cell phones/computers/privledges

      Originally posted by MPThink View Post
      I hope your company doesn't have a drug test coming up. Seriously, don't believe everything you hear.
      and your getting at what? not quite following ya there..... and there is nothing to worry about with drug testing if you don't do drugs.... which i don't and i have taken the **** test with my OPERATIONAL UNIT and passed when we have 100% testing.... never took a test with the BCT/AIT company however wouldve passed if i did

      Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
      OSUT with TVs and Xboxes?
      yea i guess they bought the stuff at the main PX

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: FLW cell phones/computers/privledges

        I'm sorry but my mouth dropped when that was said. TV and Xbox? WTF is with that? I got a payphone call maybe once a week. I wrote letters. So that's why we are saying that they may be embelishing... Because my friend went though last year and there was none of that. Times change sure, but that's insanity.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: FLW cell phones/computers/privledges

          now keep in mind anyone who is 12B (formerly 21B) will probably never experience TV and Xbox at BCT/AIT like i said combat arms branches have stricter regulations than support branches. i sure did not have a TV or Xbox we had pay phones if we were lucky and i too wrote letters.... i still have my letters.

          but for the ones that have had their cell phones/tv/ect. or maybe not had, keep in mind that no 2 companies are alike and all have their own regulations, as well as regulations from battalion, and brigade so don't take anything i say for gospel. my experience will be different from yours or anyone else's

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: FLW cell phones/computers/privledges

            Originally posted by EOrsini View Post
            I'm sorry but my mouth dropped when that was said. TV and Xbox? WTF is with that? I got a payphone call maybe once a week. I wrote letters. So that's why we are saying that they may be embelishing... Because my friend went though last year and there was none of that. Times change sure, but that's insanity.
            Yeah when I went through there wasn't enough time TO watch tv, of course we also didn't have rooms, cell phones, or civilians to do KP for us. If the MP corp has fallen so far, I would be greatly ashamed to hear it.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: FLW cell phones/computers/privledges

              Originally posted by Mildawg View Post
              Yeah when I went through there wasn't enough time TO watch tv, of course we also didn't have rooms, cell phones, or civilians to do KP for us. If the MP corp has fallen so far, I would be greatly ashamed to hear it.
              i do know the KP is done by civilians for MP's as well as us engineers.... we didn't have to do KP at BCT/AIT..... our barracks had bays in the main part and some of the end rooms were 2 and 4 man rooms

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: FLW cell phones/computers/privledges

                Originally posted by eclipsesps1607 View Post
                i do know the KP is done by civilians for MP's as well as us engineers.... we didn't have to do KP at BCT/AIT..... our barracks had bays in the main part and some of the end rooms were 2 and 4 man rooms
                I should qualify my statement by saying that I would be ashamed if they were allowed to have tv's/xbox's... better housing doesn't bother me in the least, nor does being able to go to all your training.

                when I went through the difference between basic and AIT was.... Yeah, there wasn't one. We got 1 overnight pass, and maybe 3 shopette passes. Basic is supposed to be getting you ready for military life. It's supposed to be hard, it's supposed to be a challenge both mentally and physically. But I guess its a new age.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: FLW cell phones/computers/privledges

                  Miller, I went through C 795 as well. No overnight passes for our cycle. We were allowed to hold onto our cellphones after we did the patrolling portion of AIT (week 17 or 18 out of 20), and were lucky to have an hour of free time to use 'em. Open bays, no TV's in any of the 795 barracks, and from what I've heard the 787 ones are similar (though newer). No difference between BCT and AIT until then, that's the fun of OSUT. I've never heard of any other MP company have xboxes and such. We had one person by something like that on pass, but it was immediately locked up and he didn't see it until he left.

                  Generally, I'd say yes, bring your cell phone, and wait on the computer.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: FLW cell phones/computers/privledges

                    Originally posted by MPThink View Post
                    Miller, I went through C 795 as well. No overnight passes for our cycle. We were allowed to hold onto our cellphones after we did the patrolling portion of AIT (week 17 or 18 out of 20), and were lucky to have an hour of free time to use 'em. Open bays, no TV's in any of the 795 barracks, and from what I've heard the 787 ones are similar (though newer). No difference between BCT and AIT until then, that's the fun of OSUT. I've never heard of any other MP company have xboxes and such. We had one person by something like that on pass, but it was immediately locked up and he didn't see it until he left.

                    Generally, I'd say yes, bring your cell phone, and wait on the computer.
                    Thanks for the heads up, I'm glad to hear that it hasn't gone all wonkey.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X