Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathroom Setup

I know this is stupid question but I wanted to ask anyways:

I know the showers are open, but do the bathroom stalls have doors?

Don't know if it's different for each gender but I'm female.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Bathroom Setup

I was in the field last week and it was a community shower with no stalls or curtains. Everybody was butt naked walking around.

Four years ago, I was at JRTC and we had a 4 stall shower with a curtain but you had to walk pass if the first two were being used, you had to walk behind the other soldiers to get to the end. There was like only an inch gap to pass.

Point is this, over the years, you just get use to it and get clean. You do not focus or look. Some of the DADT anti-repeal crowd had issues with it so it depends on the individual.

But personally, I do not know how the current setup is for the females at either BCT location.

Comment

Well since there are no bathrooms at BCT, you should have no issues with how one is set up... that was easy.

Oh, by the way, if you ever need to use the latrine (and you will) you may find that different locations have a different setup - newer buildings versus older buildings / the field environment or training locations / port-a-potty's (I think it is still funny to tell my 1SG I have to go potty).

You will find out what your latrines will be like when you get there, and will have the same reaction as everyone else... but you will survive...

Comment

Originally posted by LRSU_Dog View Post
        Well since there are no bathrooms at BCT, you should have no issues with how one is set up... that was easy.

Oh, by the way, if you ever need to use the latrine (and you will) you may find that different locations have a different setup - newer buildings versus older buildings / the field environment or training locations / port-a-potty's (I think it is still funny to tell my 1SG I have to go potty).

You will find out what your latrines will be like when you get there, and will have the same reaction as everyone else... but you will survive...
        Exactly.

Just to throw some irrelevant information out there, at FLW, in my company's building, we had normal latrines (like any public/multi-person latrine with doors on the stalls) and showers that were separated with crappy little curtains on the front. Every place is going to be different, but you'll get over being shy real quick.

Comment

At Benning, our company had walls on the stalls. But a company next door would have no walls.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
            At Benning, our company had walls on the stalls. But a company next door would have no walls.
            I remember going to FLW back in the 80s at the old World War II barracks (reception). And the latrine had urinals with johns with no covers. I had to get use to taking a number 2 in front of everyone. Funny times.

It was a breath of fresh air when I took the cattle car ride to our barracks area and saw the three story red colored barracks. Eight man rooms with decent latrines. Nice to use during that boring hour of fireguard.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
              I remember going to FLW back in the 80s at the old World War II barracks (reception). And the latrine had urinals with johns with no covers. I had to get use to taking a number 2 in front of everyone. Funny times.

It was a breath of fresh air when I took the cattle car ride to our barracks area and saw the three story red colored barracks. Eight man rooms with decent latrines. Nice to use during that boring hour of fireguard.
              I was in those same barracks, stalls were good, the showers had 2 private ones but you had to walk through the sausage showcase to get to them. Those were showers with 2 heads on one spout, you were pretty much hip to hip with your buddy. After a week you dont really care and just get clean and get out. Its not really a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                I was in those same barracks, stalls were good, the showers had 2 private ones but you had to walk through the sausage showcase to get to them. Those were showers with 2 heads on one spout, you were pretty much hip to hip with your buddy. After a week you dont really care and just get clean and get out. Its not really a big deal.
                Small world - Small Army

Comment

That it is, I dont remember the street corner, but it was a State name like Nebraska or Colorado, on top of a hill, across from where they did Red Cross blood draws and down the road from the Chem School and MP school was further past that, but this was years ago, constructions ago and tornados.

Comment

The Weapons Battalion barracks on Parris Island just have rows of toilets in the head with a pipe between each one to hold TP. You really get to know some intimate details about your fellow recruits that way.

Comment

Originally posted by 0844 View Post
                      The Weapons Battalion barracks on Parris Island just have rows of toilets in the head with a pipe between each one to hold TP. You really get to know some intimate details about your fellow recruits that way.
                      Just as displayed in the movie of Full Metal Jacket.

Comment

Ahh yes, Benning's field latrines, probably one of the most vile places on Earth. Your other option is a cathole in the woods, but as I quickly learned you need to look before you squat, fire ant hills are everywhere and they don't care if you're taking a #2. ouch.

Comment

wait...at your BCT your Drill Sergeants didn't wash your back with a luffa. WTF.....

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                            Just as displayed in the movie of Full Metal Jacket.
                            Yup, exactly like that. Only difference was there were only 5 or 6 toilets along one wall and 3 or 4 on the opposite wall, so it's not like you could just go down a few seats to get some spacing. The weirdest part was that we'd always read our mail after lights out while taking the Browns to the Superbowl, and we'd talk about news from back home (one of the few opportunities to have an actual conversation with another recruit). So you have about 10 dudes all sitting on the toilet with no walls or doors between us, just chatting away and not even really noticing that we were all answering the call of nature. Funny how bootcamp desensitizes you to such things.

Comment

Originally posted by 11Bang View Post
                              Ahh yes, Benning's field latrines, probably one of the most vile places on Earth. Your other option is a cathole in the woods, but as I quickly learned you need to look before you squat, fire ant hills are everywhere and they don't care if you're taking a #2. ouch.
                              Ummm. Wow. Even dogs sniff the ground while walking around in a circle to investigate the area before they drop their load. I'm just sayin'.

Comment

Working...
                              X