X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packing list??

I go to MEPS Monday and fly out Tuesday morning.. I was hoping someone who'd gone through somewhat recently could give me a legit packing list. I keep seeing these lists online that are outrageously long but also say "pack light". So far I just have a change of clothes, towel, soap, shaving supplies and 2 pad locks.

Re: Packing list??

All you need to take is MOTIVATION!!!!

Comment

LOL That I have, sir. I can assure you that.

Comment

That's all you need. Love the pain......embrace the envrioment!!! HOOAH!!! I like that motivation!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
          All you need to take is MOTIVATION!!!!
          This is right on. The Army will issue all that you need. Or you can buy it in the Px.

Comment

what about the documents needed for reception ???

and are we allowed to wear a religious item..like a pendant ??

can we bring a religious book... ?? like the bhagavat gita ???

Comment

i was told all i need is my soc card and drivers license. everything else is supposedly already in my shipper packet that i'll be getting today at 1300. and i've HEARD that you can wear religious jewelry around your neck and can have a religious book. IDK if there's any truth to that, but i imagine you should be alright?

when/where are you shipping to?

Comment

A religious book is ok, best if its small....If I remember correctly, a small religious pendant is allowed... emphasis on small.

Comment

Originally posted by kristofer.a.cummings View Post
                  I go to MEPS Monday and fly out Tuesday morning.. I was hoping someone who'd gone through somewhat recently could give me a legit packing list. I keep seeing these lists online that are outrageously long but also say "pack light". So far I just have a change of clothes, towel, soap, shaving supplies and 2 pad locks.
                  I followed a list too. And as soon as I got to basic, they locked it all away. As they said, you either get issued or buy at the PX (you get a shopping list!) anything you'll need. I'm guessing the packing list you're seeing is what they suggest just incase there are issues with travel and you get held up.

Comment

im shipping to fort jackson in 10 days...

then shipping to virgina ...ft.eustis for 15g .......

Comment

Yeah, I leave for Jackson in 2 days, then to Eustis for 15T. looks like when u get to eustis u may need to get ahold of me on here lol

Comment

will do mate

enjoy the reception ..LOL

Comment

http://www.goarmy.com/soldier-life/b...roduction.html

Clothing

* One-day supply of casual, comfortable clothing (no halter-tops or ragged shorts)
                          * Three sets of underwear (white)
                          * One pair of white, calf-length athletic socks (no color bands, designs or logos) Additional socks will be purchased at the post exchange (PX)
                          * A pair of comfortable shoes
                          * Eyeglasses (no faddish/stylish eyewear)
                          * Luggage should be limited to one small suitcase or gym bag

Lock

* One lock (combination or padlock with two keys) Additional lock will be purchased at PX

Toiletries

* Disposable/safety razor with blades
                          * Shaving cream (optional for women)
                          * Toothbrush with case
                          * Hairbrush or 6" black comb
                          * One washcloth and towel (Additional items will be purchased at the PX)
                          * Anti-perspirant
                          * Shower shoes
                          * Toothpaste
                          * Dental floss
                          * Shampoo
                          * Soap and soap case

Money

* $10, but no more than $50 in cash
                          * Traveler's Checks or Money Orders (Personal checks are not recommended because of limited check-cashing facilities.)

Documents You May Need

* Social Security card
                          * Valid driver's license or current state identification card
                          * A direct deposit form from your checking account signed by a bank official, or the name, address, account number and routing number of your financial institution (if applicable)
                          * Original or certified copies of your marriage certificate, divorce decree or separation order (if applicable)
                          * Original or certified copies of birth certificates of children under 18; affidavit of support from parents; court documents and direct deposit forms if ordered to pay spousal and/or child support (if applicable)
                          * Proof of citizenship (if you were not born in the United States)
                          * If you are married to a service member in the military, you need to have the name, Social Security number and military address of your spouse
                          * Copies of your lease agreement or rental contract for any dependents residing outside of government quarters (if applicable)
                          * Original or certified ROTC documentation (if applicable)
                          * Original college transcripts; GED or high school diploma

Your Orders

* Be sure to have all copies of orders and documents issued by your unit Recruiter and/or MEPS. These orders must be delivered by you and by hand. Travel and meal tickets will be provided.

Comment

*In my opinion*, you should bring as little as possible. You can buy everything on the lists your recruiters give you at the PX during reception. If I could do it again I'd bring the clothes on my back, some spare undies, toothbrush, toothpaste, a brush (female), and my paperwork.

Just an FYI, do not bring stupid luggage. One kid brought a suitcase with wheels and was rightfully tormented about it. Haha. Bring a backpack, something plain and simple to hold your junk.

Comment

I was in a summer cycle at Jackson "last" year and all you need is a change of clothes, shaving cream, razor, toothbrush, toothpaste, and whatever is in your wallet. bringing padlocks (i hope they are combos ones, if not then say good bye to that key during Nick at Night haha and also black sharpies should help.

Comment

Working...
                              X