X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graduated 11B OSUT yesterday

Just graduated yesterday. Home today. If anyone has any questions about OSUT feel free to ask.

Re: Graduated 11B OSUT yesterday

Are they starting the new PT tests yet?

Comment

No not yet, but it will be starting soon though. I heard talk that we were going to get it for our last PT test of the cycle,but it never happened. I think that was from one of the DS's and not the PNN (Private News Network). Beware of the PNN it contains a lot of misinformation.

Comment

I leave for 11B OSUT in a week and a half - is it worth memorizing the Infantryman's creed before I go?

Also, was there anything not on the packing list (but allowed) that you wish you would have brought?

Comment

You will need to know the infantrymans creed. You will have plenty of time to memorize it while in 30th AG, spending many many long boring hours doing nothing there. Do yourself a favor and pack as light as possible. If you forget something you will get a chance to buy it at the px in 30th. They give you a card with a 300 dollar advance in pay on it to purchase anything you may need down range. Just remember your going to have to hold that personal bag over your head for a long time durnig the shark attack. Best of luck and stay motivated.
          Last edited by A.L.NJ11B; July 13th, 2011, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

Don't mention it. Any other questions feel free to ask.

Comment

I am curious about sleep at Basic. My expectation is that 4 hours will be fairly close to the most I will get, but I am beginning to read that some were getting closer to 6 per night. What would you say you averaged?

Comment

Lights out on average was at 2100. Wake up was usually about 0430. Sometimes if we had a long ruck march we would get up earlier, but that wasn't to ofter. Plan on getting an hour fireguard shift like every other night. Sometimes you'll get a shifts a couple of nights in a row depending on whether or not one of your DS's has CQ or staff duty. I guess on average you'll get 6 to 7 hours a night.

Comment

Excellent. Thanks for the response!

Comment

Was graduation held after the entire OSUT or is there a break between when you would normally graduate basic and head to AIT?

Comment

You get a 36 hour off base pass after week 9. Graduation is held after OSUT. Sorry for the slow response I was away last week.

Comment

I know i'm really late on this, but im doing infantry OSUT, and most likely going to be at Benning, haven't gotten my orders yet, but is there any base line advice to give before leaving, what to get ready for, and what to expect?

Comment

Originally posted by rasmussen3 View Post
                            I know i'm really late on this, but im doing infantry OSUT, and most likely going to be at Benning, haven't gotten my orders yet, but is there any base line advice to give before leaving, what to get ready for, and what to expect?
                            Sleep now, and don't stay up all night having a "going away" party the night before you ship.

Comment

So I leave for basic in one week (11B OSUT), I am a decently fit person, work out 2-3 times a week, run 2 miles at a 8:30 min/mile pace avg but never really run any further than 2 miles at a clip. Should I be running my head off to get ready for the exhaustion or just keep up my normal routine. I'm never really spent at the end of running 2 miles and I'm not pushing to get to 8:30 I just settle in at that pace, after 2 miles I'm just bored so I never really push much further. I'll probably be the grandpa of the group at age 30, any advice for the 'old' guy?
                              Last edited by heat7881; March 13th, 2012, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X