X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would be one tip for Infantry Basic and AIT

Hello everybody i ship for ft benning infantry basic and Ait training july 5th of this year and i was wondering what would be 1 tip you could give me to make the situation easier! if you have more than one good tip that would be nice to thanks for your time!!!

Re: What would be one tip for Infantry Basic and AIT

Originally posted by LeMMys61 View Post
    Hello everybody i ship for ft benning infantry basic and Ait training july 5th of this year and i was wondering what would be 1 tip you could give me to make the situation easier! if you have more than one good tip that would be nice to thanks for your time!!!
    To make it "easier"??
    Step 1. Get in Time Machine
    Step 2. Go back to before you enlisted as infantry
    Step 3. Enlist in the Air Force

Comment

It's already easy. You should be asking, "How can I challenge myself?"

Comment

Avoid fights with other recruits.

Avoid injury.

Avoid sickness.

Comment

Be smart. Pay attention. Soak up all the information you can. Everything you learn from here on out in the Army will be important one day when you go overseas. Don't slack off!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
            Avoid fights with other recruits.

Avoid injury.

Avoid sickness.
            You get that in the first week.

Comment

Make sure you continue to work out until you leave. Stay away from sick call. If you're going to to the field bring a roll of TP or some baby wipes. You'll be glad that you did.

Comment

thanks for all the tips!!

Comment

DRINK WATER!! Especially since you're going in the summer.
                  Always be a team player and help out others - they'll have your back when you need help.
                  Take all the training seriously, learn as much as you can while you're in the active duty environment.

Comment

Keep your head up. Infantry OSUT is very challenging and stressful. Most nights you'll get at least 6 hours of sleep, so even when things get ridiculous just remember that the day will end in sleep.

Hydrate. You should be finishing at least 2 camelbacks each day... more during field and range time.

Hang out with motivators. Basic is hard enough as it is without negative enlistees and quitters. Do what you can to try and persuade potential quitters to reconsider but most of the time once they've made the decision to quit on themselves they're going to do it regardless.

Take the time now to learn the following: The Soldier's Creed, The Infantryman's Creed, The Army Song, The Infantry Song, and the Chain of Command from the Ft. Benning Post Commander to the President.

The main thing you can do is just stay motivated, no matter how mentally tired or physically tore down you feel. Never quit.

Comment

Working...
                    X