X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on graduation for non OSUT

I know that OSUT has their main graduation at the end of their 14 weeks, so does that mean non OSUT will have theirs after boot is completed? I know it's a dumb question but I am just curious.

Re: Question on graduation for non OSUT

yes...except we dont have "boot" camp, we have basic training.

Comment

I guess the times have changed because when I went to OSUT back in the day; there was a graduation (in BDUs) upon the completion of basic training and then the Class A graduation after the AIT portion. This afforded Split-Ops to have a ceremony and also to celebrate the completion of basic training where you are now officially called a United States Soldier.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
        I guess the times have changed because when I went to OSUT back in the day; there was a graduation (in BDUs) upon the completion of basic training and then the Class A graduation after the AIT portion. This afforded Split-Ops to have a ceremony and also to celebrate the completion of basic training where you are now officially called a United States Soldier.
        I'm not sure if it did change. I had a Solder just come back that said they still have a "family day" type graduation after 9-10 weeks, then continue OSUT and have the real graduation at the end of OSUT.

Comment

Originally posted by EOrsini View Post
          I'm not sure if it did change. I had a Solder just come back that said they still have a "family day" type graduation after 9-10 weeks, then continue OSUT and have the real graduation at the end of OSUT.
          Roger that LT. Hopefully a new soldier that just graduated (OSUT of course) and can chime in with his/her experience. It should be the same at all the BCT locations.

Comment

We had a family day after the 10 weeks with a 32 hour pass that we could use to stay in Columbus with family members. Then 4 more weeks and there's turning blue and graduation.

You should have a graduation ceremony after basic is over and before you ship to AIT. If you're short on funds for your family, I'd hold off and just have the come down for your AIT graduation.

Comment

There's the answer FMCityslicker lol

Comment

Drat, I've been tricked. Last time I lurk the forums at work bored out of my mind.

Comment

Thanks for all the help everyone, and i know saying boot is just a habit Im really trying to get the Navy out and the Army in. It just doesn't seem to be working though.

Comment

Working...
                  X