X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ft Benning training

I was paranoid going into basic training. I was 210lbs and pretty out of shape. But I got some of the best advise possible from this website. "Go in expecting the worst." I heard horror stories of Benning "Home of the Infanty, sooo tough!" It's a mind game. just HOPE it's hard. Worst case senario it pushes your limits and makes you a better soldier. With that said I went in expecting to have my *** handed to me, but I'm honestly disappointed that it wasn't more difficult which I accredit to my mind set.

The hardest part is being home sick, and feeling alone even though your in a room with 65 other people. Fight through the mind games you set up for yourself and nothing can stop you.

Re: Ft Benning training

Originally posted by PFC_Glisson View Post
    I was paranoid going into basic training. I was 210lbs and pretty out of shape. But I got some of the best advise possible from this website. "Go in expecting the worst." I heard horror stories of Benning "Home of the Infanty, sooo tough!" It's a mind game. just HOPE it's hard. Worst case senario it pushes your limits and makes you a better soldier. With that said I went in expecting to have my *** handed to me, but I'm honestly disappointed that it wasn't more difficult which I accredit to my mind set.

The hardest part is being home sick, and feeling alone even though your in a room with 65 other people. Fight through the mind games you set up for yourself and nothing can stop you.
    More and more layers of Ft. Benning mystique are peeled off as time goes on.

BCT Fort Benning DFAC.
    Last edited by VICEROY06; March 20th, 2011, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Cool. How much weight did you lose?

Comment

I leave for Benning one week from today. I'm 32 with a wife and two children and am really starting to get nervous. I made the mistake of reading a blog that was written in 2009 and was based on the personal experience of a recruit going through osut. This particular blog made the place and experience sound like complete misery. Can osut at fort Benning really be that bad? Any stories that may be reassuring would be appreciated.

Comment

The experience is what you make out of it. If you take it for what it's worth and use it to learn your job, then it can be a great experience. It will change you forever, and you'll always remember what it's like for better or worse. Don't stress about things that are out of your control, just go in with a positive attitude. You'll meet some interesting people and you'll go through some rough times with them, but in the end you'll feel very accomplished. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X