X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reception

Im current @ benning waiting to go to bct land and just want to share with you guys my experiences.. The first 3 days were not bad at all.. Just loooong, after all the proccessing is done waiting to ship out is the worst. The butt shot hurts like a mofo, everybody will get sick and cough all over each other. Every 19/20something yr old is married. Nobody got smoked.. Just yelled at which ***** cause it's annoying as **** to hear the DS tell everyone to shut up and 2 seconds later they start
    Talkin. No more 1 1 1, they said too many ppl failed so they got rid of it. Food isn't Bad, ***** to be forced to drink the fluids while being rushed to eat.. I cannot get away with just shaving the night before lol. If I have more tIme later I'll post more, sorry for the bad English I typed super fast.. Btw, check out ft benning tv on YouTube they got the first day on video how it will go down, itll be give or take just like it, since I was in a line of just 10 other guys our processing sgt got us bumped to the front of all the lines..

Re: Reception

Shaving night before is suicide.

You might be able to get away with that at your regular unit, but not much of anything gets by the DS. As far as eating fast, I still do it to this day. I don't necessarily inhale food...but I still finish before everyone else, especially if is a great steak or something. Kept that and most of the haircut.
    Last edited by SteveLord; March 12th, 2011, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by anthead View Post
      Im current @ benning waiting to go to bct land and just want to share with you guys my experiences.. The first 3 days were not bad at all.. Just loooong, after all the proccessing is done waiting to ship out is the worst. The butt shot hurts like a mofo, everybody will get sick and cough all over each other. Every 19/20something yr old is married. Nobody got smoked.. Just yelled at which ***** cause it's annoying as **** to hear the DS tell everyone to shut up and 2 seconds later they start
      Talkin. No more 1 1 1, they said too many ppl failed so they got rid of it. Food isn't Bad, ***** to be forced to drink the fluids while being rushed to eat.. I cannot get away with just shaving the night before lol. If I have more tIme later I'll post more, sorry for the bad English I typed super fast.. Btw, check out ft benning tv on YouTube they got the first day on video how it will go down, itll be give or take just like it, since I was in a line of just 10 other guys our processing sgt got us bumped to the front of all the lines..
      What? WHAT??????

No 1-1-1?

I don't understand????? You only have to perform a minimum of 13 push-ups and 17 sit-ups and run the mile in 8 mins 30 secs to fri ggin' PASS. Somebody tell me what the he ll they're doing for the rest of BCT if they can't even fri ggin' pass the 1-1-1 at reception???????? Am I wasting my d a m n time trying to shave minutes off my 2 mile run and max my sit-ups and push-ups?
      Last edited by VICEROY06; March 12th, 2011, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
        What? WHAT??????

No 1-1-1?

I don't understand????? You only have to perform a minimum of 13 push-ups and 17 sit-ups and run the mile in 8 mins 30 secs to fri ggin' PASS. Somebody tell me what the he ll they're doing for the rest of BCT if they can't even fri ggin' pass the 1-1-1 at reception???????? Am I wasting my d a m n time trying to shave minutes off my 2 mile run and max my sit-ups and push-ups?
        I bet you it's the run. When you actually compare those requirements, the run requires the highest standard in passing...as it's the closet to the minimum passing score for a 2mile. Whereas, 13 pushups and 17 situps is a third (if not more) of the minimum passing reps in a fully graded PT test.

I always wondered why the first two are so low. Unless they use it to grade females as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
          I bet you it's the run. When you actually compare those requirements, the run requires the highest standard in passing...as it's the closet to the minimum passing score for a 2mile. Whereas, 13 pushups and 17 situps is a third (if not more) of the minimum passing reps in a fully graded PT test.

I always wondered why the first two are so low. Unless they use it to grade females as well.
          It's gotta be the run. I smoked several BCT graduates back when I weighed 220 pounds. I don't understand. How are they graduating if they're sucking wind in the 2 mile?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
            Unless they use it to grade females as well.
            Female 1-1-1: 3 PU, 17 SU, 10:30 1 mile

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
              And I bet unfortunately some males don't even meet that. sigh

Comment

Youtube Video-- My Fort Benning Experience: Reception

Youtube Video-- Infantry Basic Training: DFAC

Comment

Lol if your allergic to penicillin you don't get that butt shot right? Or do they give you a different variation of it? Idc either way I'm just allergic

Comment

Originally posted by 11BwannaBe View Post
                    Lol if your allergic to penicillin you don't get that butt shot right? Or do they give you a different variation of it? Idc either way I'm just allergic
                    No, you won't get the penicillin shot, you'll get a sweet red dog tag that saves you from rubbing your butt all day. lol

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
                      I just had my first RSP and we did an APFT as many were shipping out soon. I ran the 1 mile in under 8 minutes...which isn't spectacular, but I DID smoke the other 8 women by about 3 minutes (I am 37 and they were all 17-19 years old).

I also have not run for over a month due to a pulled hamstring AND by 1/8 mile they stopped running and were WALKING the track and would only break into a jog when passing the cadres timing the test. The kids were better on the SU & PU, but I still met standards, don't leave for Ft. Sill until August and train pretty much every day, so I'll be ready.

There were even some young guys throwin up after both ONE and two miles...also walking, you'd have thought they just ran 6-8 miles or more and that they were dying....I was shocked and I was worried I would look silly??

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
                        I just had my first RSP and we did an APFT as many were shipping out soon. I ran the 1 mile in under 8 minutes...which isn't spectacular, but I DID smoke the other 8 women by about 3 minutes (I am 37 and they were all 17-19 years old).

I also have not run for over a month due to a pulled hamstring AND by 1/8 mile they stopped running and were WALKING the track and would only break into a jog when passing the cadres timing the test. The kids were better on the SU & PU, but I still met standards, don't leave for Ft. Sill until August and train pretty much every day, so I'll be ready.

There were even some young guys throwin up after both ONE and two miles...also walking, you'd have thought they just ran 6-8 miles or more and that they were dying....I was shocked and I was worried I would look silly??
                        Told you. Those video game playing, following teen pop stars all over the internet-loving kids don't stand a chance against us playing out in the front yard, riding bikes in the neighborhood all day, drinking water from the water hose on a hot summers day-loving old folks!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post

I had the same experience at my first RSP. I was shocked at how all these young kids were so out of shape.

Told you. Those video game playing, following teen pop stars all over the internet-loving kids don't stand a chance against us playing out in the front yard, riding bikes in the neighborhood all day, drinking water from the water hose on a hot summers day-loving old folks!
                          Hooah!!! lol.

Comment

You see it all the time. Yesterday was a DECENTLY nice day in NJ, and I'm looking outside and there are minimal kids doing active things. I would have been outside with friends playing basketball or football or something active. But this d@mn Xbox/ playstation/ MTV generation has got it all wrong. And we wonder why we are such an obese country... It's sad

Comment

HOOAH! to that!

I was thinking the same thing at RSP! I remember after school and especially on the weekends in summer, I would run out that door as soon as I WAS EXCUSED from eating and wouldn't return until I heard my mom callin for dinner, then I'd want to go back out!! I thought, literally, in my head this weekend....Good G@d.....if you;re not going to be disciplined and put in the work then just go home to your XBox!

On a funnier note, and this is no slight to my gender as a woman, or perhaps it was their age or just the one individual....I was mentioning to them that if I offered 'words of wisdom', I didn't want them to think I was patronizing them.

One young girl's response was ...''you don't NEED to patronize us, we already LOVE America'... My eyes just got wide and I turned and walked away. No joke.

Comment

Working...
                              X