X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reception

The military is still government. Don't forget that.

Comment

I'm scheduled to arrive at reception this Wed 9/5, start basic 9/11, graduate BCT 11/16, then start FOCS 11/19. Will my processing at reception be expedited to be sure I'll be done with basic in time to start OCS? After checking ATTRS it looks like there isn't another OCS class following my 11/19 class until after Christmas...

Comment

Originally posted by refcorp View Post
        Will my processing at reception be expedited to be sure I'll be done with basic in time to start OCS?
        No, not really on their priority list

Comment

Anyone have any experience in finishing reception and starting BCT earlier than the date on their contract? I ship 9/24 but don't start OSUT until 10/5. Is there a chance I'll be done with reception before 10/5, or should I expect it to be accurate? I understand that 3-5 days is uncommon and of course I have heard about some that actually did go 2 weeks, but I haven't heard anyone compare the dates on their contracts to what actually happened. Not that it matters, but just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by refcorp View Post
            I'm scheduled to arrive at reception this Wed 9/5, start basic 9/11, graduate BCT 11/16, then start FOCS 11/19. Will my processing at reception be expedited to be sure I'll be done with basic in time to start OCS? After checking ATTRS it looks like there isn't another OCS class following my 11/19 class until after Christmas...
            When I went through federal OCS there was 35 09S in my BCT. You will make it to OCS on time. Don't sweat the little things like that now. Just focus on showing up to BCT squared away.

Comment

Working...
            X